Official X7 beta firmware (Android 5.1) download and discussion thread -- FW3.0.6 beta
Oct 22, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #16 of 297
Good afternoon Community.
My name is Olaf from the north of Germany. This is my first post here on Head-Fi. After update on version 3.03 Beta, I have found out that the Home Button in pure music mode is without function. In
Androit Mode it works well.

Oct 22, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #19 of 297
Media scanner won't scan past 6289 tracks for me.  Sandisk 200 GB card. Works fine on firmware 2.0.  Put it in my X3II and it scanned all 8970 tracks.  

USB Audio Player pro can't find the sd card.  I believe it has to do with the naming of the SD card because every time I select it to scan, it goes to the internal storage.

Oct 22, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #20 of 297
Hello.
There is bug in 3,0,3 which has not occured in former FW - there is no possibility to download and install Spotify from FiiO Market.
When I try to do this error message pops up.

Oct 22, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #21 of 297
Here are issues/requests for FW 3.0.3:

1) The on-screen volume control for the FiiO app is still unreliable. This was so awesome in FW 2.0. In FW 3.0.3, swiping up on the right side of the screen to increase volume seems to be slightly more reliable that in previous 3.0.x betas, but when swiping down to decrease volume either nothing happens or the HUD disappears. This feature is only useful if it works every time. If I have to swipe the screen half a dozen times to change the volume, it becomes easier to just use the volume buttons.
2) Searching music by artist still takes you to a weird default setting where all tracks by that artist are listed together. I can't think who'd ever want that? Couldn't we have the album view as the default once we've selected an artist? Or at least a settings option so we could choose to make this the default?
3) Display of long track names in the FiiO music app still doesn't scroll properly.
4) Videos don't play anymore in YouTube video or music apps. (I don't think this has worked in any of the 3.0.x FWs.)
5) When playing anything in the FiiO music app, there's often a "fade-in" effect, i.e., the track often doesn't play from the very beginning. Playback generally still lags the onscreen display.
6) Some English characters get converted into Chinese characters in the track title display in the FiiO music app.
7) Again in the FiiO music app, when browsing through an artist's tracks/albums in folder view, going back to the artist list takes you right back to the top of the list. Wouldn't it make more sense to display the last location in the list of artists?

On a positive note, the play/pause button in the FiiO music app has (so far) been working much more reliably for me. And thank you, FiiO, for increasing the internal storage space :)

Oct 22, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #22 of 297
Had to go back to FW 2.0.  Can't live without my entire library plus USB Player Pro can't find any of my music because of the naming scheme.

Also one of the fiio reps suggested Bluetooth apt-x works in 3.03 but I don't believe this is true.  

Oct 22, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #23 of 297
  Updated on 2016-10-22

Beta firmware version 3.0.3 beta for the X7(Android 5.1) now available!

Note: The internal storage space has been expanded from 1 GB to 2 GB in this version, so that more apps can be installed on the X7. But because of this, the FW3.0.3beta firmware needs to be upgraded with the Upgrade Tool and the old data on the storage will be erased. Please remember to backup your important data before the upgrade. We apologize for any inconvenience this might bring to you.

X7 Firmware Upgrade Tool with FW3.0.3beta:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e7gucm2t9gzq4uy/X7%20Firmware%20Upgrade%20Tool%20with%20FW3.0.3beta.zip?dl=0

Please note that all firmware posted in this thread are beta firmware--you can post in this dedicated thread if you have any issues with these versions. But if you encounter serious problems, you may consider flashing back to a stable release.
Stable firmware FW2.0 can be found here: click here.

The following changes and improvements have been made to FW3.0.3beta compared to FW3.0.2beta:

• Expanded the internal storage space from 1 GB to 2 GB.
  • Added sorting by CD number/Track number under an album;
  • Added lyrics synchronization adjustment function;
  • Improved the DAC switch method (you can now switch to DAC without first connecting to USB);
  • Fixed issue where there's no sound output when playing some MP3 tracks;
  • Fixed issue where noise might occur when playing some WAV tracks;
  • Fixed issue where the tracks and albums would be displayed repeatedly after multiple media scanning;
  • Fixed issue where the playback will be forwarded by 1s after pause;
  • Fixed issue where the maximum volume settings in FiiO Music would not take effect while in lock-screen;
  • Fixed issue where the album art would be displayed incorrectly when the track file has more than one internal album cover;
  • Fixed issue where the system volume slider would sometimes appear instead of the default app volume slider when adjusting volume in FiiO Music;
  • Fixed issue where FiiO Music would exit abnormally when playing files through OTG then pause and skip;
  • Fixed issue where powering off with AM2/AM2A would cause impulsive noise;
  • Removed the "automatic date & time" and "automatic time zone" option. (now the time zone needs to be selected manually, but the date & time can be updated automatically when the player is connected to Internet);
  • Removed the notice that would appear when inserting/removing SD card (now an icon would appear instead at the status bar).

Looking forward to everyone's feedback. 
smily_headphones1.gif

2016-10-15
Beta firmware version 3.0.2_beta for the X7(Android 5.1) now available!

If your X7 is already FW3.0beta, pls try to update it by over-the-air automatic update (the WiFi on the X7 should be turned on firstly) or manual update via update zip file.
Here is the related update instruction for the above 2 methods: click here
Update zip file for FW3.0.2_beta: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hr6wsb4jjy5nvcf/X7-3.0.2_beta-update.zip?dl=0

Please note that all firmware posted in this thread are beta firmware--please post in this dedicated thread if you have any issues with these versions, and if you encounter serious problems, consider flashing back to a stable release.
Stable firmware FW2.0 can be found here: click here.

The following changes and improvements have been made to FW3.0.2_beta compared to FW3.0beta:

1. Added synchronized power on/off with K5;
2. Fixed the noise issue when playing some DTS WAV tracks;
3. Fixed issue where there's no sound output when playing some MP3/WAV/APE tracks;
4. Fixed issue where only the Power button would work in lockscreen with the Screen lock set to None;
5. Fixed issue where the volume buttons would not work when lockscreen is controlled by third-party music apps;
6. Fixed issue where the Adjustable volume at LO cannot be turned off when the X7 is connected to a docking station (The Adjustable volume at LO is now set to OFF by default);
7. Fixed issue where the file name/title sorting was in wrong order;
8. Fixed issue where the playback would not stop after all the tracks in one directory were played under Sequential play mode;
9. Fixed issue where there's no sound output when switching to DAC mode after exiting the music app;
10. Fixed issue where the play mode would be switched to Random automatically each time after opening FiiO Music and clicking to play;
11. Fixed issue where there's no sound output when a system prompt tone is played or after transferring files via Bluetooth;
12. Fixed issue where the Pulsar light setting would not take effect;
13. Fixed issue where the X7 would power on automatically after it's docked to DK1;
14. Improved the track search function (The Album and Artist info will also be displayed now);
15. Improved the file sorting (the song files and folders will be grouped separately now);
16. Improved the file name/track display problem of some tracks;
17. Fixed the issue where the player will freeze when switching to DAC mode sometimes;
18. Miscellaneous bug fixes;

2016-10-05
The FW3.0beta (Android5.1.1) solves the problems left from the FW2.0 (Android4.4.4) and adds the following functions:

1. No SRC for third-party music applications
2. Adopted the incremental media lib update (only new songs will be updated), and added recently played playlist
3. Added sorting by alphabetical order (among different languages)/file name/track number /number of tracks in album. (Both ascending and descending are supported)
4. Added the Maximum volume and customized volume setting in FiiO music
5. Added the continuous volume adjustment when screen-off
6. Added the manual OTA upgrade(Technical support->Firmware Update->Online Upgrade, OTA upgrade will be available next time)
7. Added instant switch between Android mode and Pure music mode (no reboot required)
CUE tracks can be added to the playlist directly
8. Press the Play button to wake up X7 from hibernation, press again to play music without lighting up the screen.
9. Improved the USB DAC delay
10. Improved the power consumption of standby and music play, playtime can last for 90 min longer.
11. Improved the pull-down menu, where common used functions can be switched directly
12. Improved the stability of Google Play.

More details about FW3.0beta: http://www.head-fi.org/t/822149/the-public-beta-firmware-of-android-5-1-for-fiio-x7-is-coming

Hi, JHutchins
Thank you for your kind feedback.
We tested and found that yes some sampling rates are down sampling. We are sorry for bringing that inconvenience. We will try to fix that in later firmware. But we failed to test the problem with the WMA96KHZ file you indicated. Could you please send us some WMA 96KHZ files? Thank you in advance.

I have sent you a Dropbox link to a WMA file as requested.
Please not that I have updated the firmware on my X7 to Beta v3.0.3. All previously reported issues remain unresolved:
- Search 
- Track time display
- Track title scrolling not working correctly
- Down sampling issues remain
- Amazon Prime music will not stream
To reduce the user/owner frustration level could I suggest that you publish a complete list of reported bugs that you are currently aware of and working to resolve with some idea of which releases are expected to contain the solutions. 

Oct 23, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #25 of 297
audible app does not work even 3.0.3beta.
This is the log of audible app.
What will helpful to you?

versionName:2.9.0 sharedUserLabel:0
packageName:com.audible.application
versionCode:17086
device id:
sharedUserId:null
RELEASE:5.1.1
SDK:22
BOARD: rk30sdk
BRAND:FiiO
DEVICE:rk3188
DISPLAY:3.0.3.161021_beta_b15
FINGERPRINT:FiiO/X7/rk3188:5.1.1/LMY48Y/FiiO10211834:user/release-keys
HOST:asc
ID:LMY48Y
MODEL:X7
PRODUCT:X7
TAGS:release-keys
TYPE:user
USER:FiiO
PROCESS:5433
[10/23/2016 14:55:55]  [5433]    Record user stopped listening to audiobook
[10/23/2016 14:55:55]  [5433]  [E]  onError dalvik.system.VMStack.getThreadStackTrace(Native Method)
java.lang.Thread.getStackTrace(Thread.java:580)
com.audible.mobile.util.ErrorUtils.getCurrentStackTrace(ErrorUtils.java:24)
com.audible.mobile.player.DefaultAudibleReadyPlayer$InternalAudioPlayerEventListener.onError(DefaultAudibleReadyPlayer.java:134)
com.audible.mobile.player.audio.SdkBasedAudioPlayer.notifyError(SdkBasedAudioPlayer.java:1561)
com.audible.mobile.player.audio.SdkBasedAudioPlayer.doNotifyError(SdkBasedAudioPlayer.java:863)
com.audible.mobile.player.state.ErrorState.notifyError(ErrorState.java:114)
com.audible.mobile.player.state.ErrorState.getDuration(ErrorState.java:37)
com.audible.mobile.player.audio.SdkBasedAudioPlayer.getDuration(SdkBasedAudioPlayer.java:265)
com.audible.mobile.player.DefaultAudibleReadyPlayer.getDuration(DefaultAudibleReadyPlayer.java:208)
com.audible.mobile.player.DefaultAudibleReadyPlayer.newPlayerStatusSnapshot(DefaultAudibleReadyPlayer.java:623)
com.audible.mobile.player.DefaultAudibleReadyPlayer.access$200(DefaultAudibleReadyPlayer.java:54)
com.audible.mobile.player.DefaultAudibleReadyPlayer$1.run(DefaultAudibleReadyPlayer.java:188)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1112)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:587)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818), INTERNAL_PLAYER
[10/23/2016 14:55:55]  [5433]  [E]  onError dalvik.system.VMStack.getThreadStackTrace(Native Method)
java.lang.Thread.getStackTrace(Thread.java:580)
com.audible.mobile.util.ErrorUtils.getCurrentStackTrace(ErrorUtils.java:24)
com.audible.mobile.player.DefaultAudibleReadyPlayer$InternalAudioPlayerEventListener.onError(DefaultAudibleReadyPlayer.java:134)
com.audible.mobile.player.audio.SdkBasedAudioPlayer.notifyError(SdkBasedAudioPlayer.java:1561)
com.audible.mobile.player.audio.SdkBasedAudioPlayer.doNotifyError(SdkBasedAudioPlayer.java:863)
com.audible.mobile.player.state.ErrorState.notifyError(ErrorState.java:114)
com.audible.mobile.player.state.ErrorState.getCurrentPosition(ErrorState.java:29)
com.audible.mobile.player.audio.SdkBasedAudioPlayer.getCurrentPosition(SdkBasedAudioPlayer.java:271)
com.audible.mobile.player.DefaultAudibleReadyPlayer.getCurrentPosition(DefaultAudibleReadyPlayer.java:202)
com.audible.mobile.player.DefaultAudibleReadyPlayer.newPlayerStatusSnapshot(DefaultAudibleReadyPlayer.java:623)
com.audible.mobile.player.DefaultAudibleReadyPlayer.access$200(DefaultAudibleReadyPlayer.java:54)
com.audible.mobile.player.DefaultAudibleReadyPlayer$1.run(DefaultAudibleReadyPlayer.java:188)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1112)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:587)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818), INTERNAL_PLAYER
[10/23/2016 14:55:55]  [5433]  [E]  Error reported by SdkBasedAudioPlayer

Oct 23, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #30 of 297
Like Harpo1 tells, media scanner won't scan past 6289 tracks for me. In FW 2.0 scanned more than 8000 tracks.

Now is correct the chinese symbols in media library and searching by folders, but not on the play screen that show the album cover or in android notifications.

There are also some albums that not scanned the media library and is imposible to play independent the format. This also occurs more frequently with new albums added to my USB device, a Kingston HyperX 1 TB. pendrive.

I have own DSD album does not output sound. I sent you three tracks for that album last week.

I also have a lot of suggestions for FiiO app but i wait until the main and crucial bugs is resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back