official: WEST MICHIGAN MEET
Dec 29, 2008 at 5:44 PM Post #31 of 71
I'm about 5 minutes from there and wouldn't mind stopping in. I would bring a Cowon i7, D2, and a pair of Westone Um2.
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 30, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #33 of 71
OK...It's almost certain that I can make it now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey, A2 and other SE MI guys...PM me about possible car-pooling.

Dec 30, 2008 at 6:01 AM Post #34 of 71
It's a possibility for me.

Gears: HD650 XLR, Benchmark DAC1, Squeezebox3 w/bolder PS, Grado HF1.

Jan 6, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #36 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No snow means I will be there. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Excellent!!

Count me in as hoping for no snow!

Jan 6, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #37 of 71
The gear list has been updated.

Special guests and special gear. This looks like it will be an exciting meet. I'm looking forward to listening to some great gear and meeting other head-fiers.

Think positive about the weather and road condtions. December was a rough month with heavy snowfall and more than 50% of our annual snowfall. No guarantees, but normally in west Michigan a bad December is followed by a decent January. Expect good weather and good roads!

Hope to see you all on Saturday, the 17th.

Jan 9, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #41 of 71
I was planning on coming and excited for my first meet. I have to go out of the country the 16th so I will miss, please take great pictures
frown.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #42 of 71
I'll be coming. But it might be later on (like 2:30). I'm kinda new, so I only have SR-60s, D1001k's, and possibly Sony MDR-v6 and HD201 if anyone wants. Could be good to compare to higher end cans.

I can also bring my FiiO. Sources: Zen Vision:M, Zen Micro 6GB, Sony Psyc portable CD player

This is my first meet, looking forward to it, as the best cans i've tried are my own.

Jan 11, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #43 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by spineynorman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be bringing some home roasted coffee....hard to listen to, but delicious!

(Coffeegeek-fi?)

Joe

Be sure to use a good power cord with your roaster when you roast it. You get a darker, richer roast without harshness.
biggrin.gif

Jan 12, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #44 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be sure to use a good power cord with your roaster when you roast it. You get a darker, richer roast without harshness.
biggrin.gif

I did an A/ B comparison using the stock power cord vs. the Kaffeen UltraPurePower. I found the stock power cord adequate, while the KUPP had a slight buzz to it as well as making the roast darker....it shorted out my light circuit. I conclude that the KUPP is all hocus pocus non-science placebo power.

See you in a weak...I mean, week.....
biggrin.gif

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #45 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by EugeneK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will also have:

Heed canamp
AKG K272

Glad you're coming!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GravityEyelids /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be coming. But it might be later on (like 2:30). I'm kinda new, so I only have SR-60s, D1001k's, and possibly Sony MDR-v6 and HD201 if anyone wants. Could be good to compare to higher end cans.

I can also bring my FiiO. Sources: Zen Vision:M, Zen Micro 6GB, Sony Psyc portable CD player

This is my first meet, looking forward to it, as the best cans i've tried are my own.

Will be the first meet for several of us. Come when you're able.

If you have short extention cords or extra power strips or connectors you can bring we can always use them

any photographers coming?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back