Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
Aug 1, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #1,789 of 2,001
Quote:
Has anybody enjoyed the brewery: Unibroue? La Fin Du Monde is one of my favorite all time beers, all there stuff is actually incredible. 

Unibroue's La Fin du Monde and Trois Pistoles were gateway drugs for me, but I haven't had a chance to revisit those beers in several years. 

Aug 1, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #1,790 of 2,001
Quote:
Has anybody enjoyed the brewery: Unibroue? La Fin Du Monde is one of my favorite all time beers, all there stuff is actually incredible. 

Incredibly strong too.
blink.gif

Aug 2, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #1,791 of 2,001
Yeah! Gotta love those 9+ % beers! 

Is anyone here as off the IPA craze as I am? I think the time has passed and I am just about done with people "hyper-hopping" beers just because its fashionable now-a-days. 

Aug 2, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #1,793 of 2,001
Quote:

Is anyone here as off the IPA craze as I am? I think the time has passed and I am just about done with people "hyper-hopping" beers just because its fashionable now-a-days. 

I still love IPA's (International IPA day today, if you didn't know) and it's really the US's primary contribution to the world of craft beer with the utilization of all these new world hops that have been cultivated here and in Australia/New Zealand.  I'm not a big fan of hyper hopping until it's bitter as can be, but I love a well balanced IPA where the hop sweet and bitter flavors are in harmony with a good malt bill. 

Aug 3, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #1,795 of 2,001
Quote:

I love IPAs, but I hate that it's become the buzz word for good beer. People are equating high IBU's with better taste, it's very annoying. I'd almost rather have many "mainstreamers" not know about craft beer than those who only talk/know about IPAs.

Aug 3, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #1,797 of 2,001
Quote:
No, I didn't unfortunately, I'm going back to Europe in a couple weeks, so I should have a chance to try some Belgian beers soon though, any suggestions what Belgian beers to try?

Where do I start? :)
Duvel, Omer, Karmeliet, Delirium, Westmalle, are my fav ones. All the trapists you have to try of course, and then there are a few hundred others :)

Sep 26, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #1,799 of 2,001
dsc7605j.jpg

Rogue - VooDoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale (14* Plato, 30 IBU, 76 AA, 30* Lovibond)
- Light aromatics of brown sugar upon opening..and smokiness
- Cloudy, rich amber color, light CO2 head, hardly any lacing
- Medium body mouthy feel, slightly silky, not much CO2
- Smokey amber malts & grains .. hardly any bitter/hops
- Slight toasted/roasted maple/dark sugar flavors
- A kinda weird, clean but off tasting aftertaste flavors .. maybe slight metallic
- I would not say this tasted anything like a maple doughnut with bacon..
- Not sure if I would get it again .. 5/10

Sep 26, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #1,800 of 2,001
I found the entire thing completely unpalatable - 0/10 would be giving it too much credit (think I posted a similar photo in this same thread a few months ago)

Quote:
Rogue - VooDoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale (14* Plato, 30 IBU, 76 AA, 30* Lovibond)
- Light aromatics of brown sugar upon opening..and smokiness
- Cloudy, rich amber color, light CO2 head, hardly any lacing
- Medium body mouthy feel, slightly silky, not much CO2
- Smokey amber malts & grains .. hardly any bitter/hops
- Slight toasted/roasted maple/dark sugar flavors
- A kinda weird, clean but off tasting aftertaste flavors .. maybe slight metallic
- I would not say this tasted anything like a maple doughnut with bacon..
- Not sure if I would get it again .. 5/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back