Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
Jan 23, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #1,651 of 2,001
Yeah, the bottle has something written about what to expect after some storage.  Maybe I'm just not that picky, I enjoyed it.

Tonight I'm having Founders Dirty person Scotch Ale.  Watery, roasty caramels and malt, earthy and a bit of alcohol both in smell and taste, to me.  And that alcohol is well hidden because it's a good one at 8.5%!  I've always enjoyed these.

Jan 26, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #1,654 of 2,001
Finally!  I located one of these and cracked it open just now.  Not bad, not bad at all, but there's an overwhelming alcohol flavor.  Fairly thin mouth feel also.  Kinda weird.  My memory is a tad foggy, but I'm thinking I like the two other Deliriums more than this one.  Either way, here's to hoping my dreams are whacked out tonight.

Jan 27, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #1,655 of 2,001
Westvleteren was just named best beer of the world again by Ratebeer.com

• Westvleteren 12
  • Närke Kaggen Stormaktsporter
  • Goose Island Rare Bourbon County Stout
  • Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout)
  • Rochefort Trappistes 10
  • Bells Hopslam
  • Russian River Pliny the Younger
  • Cigar City Pilot Series Passionfruit and Dragonfruit Berliner Weisse
  • AleSmith Speedway Stout
  • Deschutes The Abyss

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #1,656 of 2,001
I got my first installment of the beer of the month club in 2 days ago (3 each of four different beers).
T he first one I tried was Diamond Bear IPA and I loved it. Need to find some of this locally as they want $34 to ship me a 12 pack.

Jan 28, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #1,658 of 2,001
dsc6677p.jpg

Red Hook - Blueline Series: Extra Special Birthday
- Very light, clear/clean grains/malts aromatics .. hint of spices/citrus
- Dark & clear amber color .. light CO2 bubbles, thins out to a creamy head
- Complex tastes of the dark malts, bread like grains, spices & a slight Belgium ale banana flavor .. not much hops
- This is abit of an odd one for me .. it's different, hard to place .. 6.5/10

Jan 31, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #1,661 of 2,001
Terrapin Wake and Bake is the roastiest stout I've ever had. I'm not talking roasted malts, this thing tastes and smells of fresh roasted coffee beans. Depending on your tastes you're going to love or hate this, I'm definitely saving my other 3 for the morning of each festival day.

Jan 31, 2012 at 1:22 PM Post #1,662 of 2,001
I would seriously consider the NYC festival if I was able to drink more than one beer. It looks like a seriously good time. Unfortunately for me, the timing just isn't right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back