"OFFICIAL" Shure E2c soft sleeve payment info thread
Apr 28, 2005 at 3:03 AM Post #256 of 258
With the E2c's I found use didn't seem to have much effect on them, but the I guess you could call it "advanced aggressive rapid thermally active" burn-in approach seemed to work great for me. I agree, they're pretty thin and they pretty much sound mediocre out of the box, but basically if you run a low sweep, I went like 40-200 hz. I'm guessing, repetitively, at a blasting volume for about an hour or two, it'll fix them up. And by blasting, I mean loud. Loud enough to hear the high end of the sweep even when they're in their case sitting in front of you. In fact, after doing this, my E2c's were WARM to the touch, and my amp was also. This is pretty darn dangerous (if I had left them like this for 5 hours I'm sure they would be damaged) and freaked me out, but they showed no signs of damage at all, on the contrary, they sounded GREAT! Much smoother, better highs, better bass, better balance overall.

Apr 28, 2005 at 3:15 AM Post #257 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
Basically if you run a low sweep, I went like 40-200 hz. I'm guessing, repetitively, at a blasting volume for about an hour or two, it'll fix them up.

How do I do this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back