OFFICIAL Shure E2c soft sleeve group buy thread
Mar 8, 2005 at 9:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

MD1032

Headphoneus Supremus
OK, it's time for payment, guys, but I have to decide on the types I'll accept.

Paypal: Anyone with an e-mail address and a bank account or credit card, whatever, can sign up for an account. I am hoping I can make this the primary form of payment as it would be ideal because it is electronic and only takes about a day to process. The only downside is that there is a paypal fee we'll have to compensate for. Don't worry though, it's not much. I hope if you don't have one of these accounts already you can sign up for one as it would really speed things up. I'm already slowing things down by posting this and I apologize, but I need to organize.

Check: If you can't do paypal, checks will be accepted. Regular checks would be preferred, you can use bill pay services to send me a check too, that would be great.

Other: If you have a good reason to do anything else, please post so. Don't post if you're Paypal either, that's fine.

Thanks for your patience, and I am pleased to announce we are getting a 25% discount on the sleeves!! I have to pay sales tax of 6% though.

First, here's the final list:

sleevechartFINAL.jpg

And here's the cost, courtesy of the Shure guy I've been working with:

sleevechartcost.jpg

Also, Shipping will be $0.37 within the US obviously.

Friday I'm finalizing this and accepting payments, so hop to it! :

Mar 8, 2005 at 10:22 PM Post #2 of 43
I can pay with Western Union money transfer or I can try to pay with a check (have to look into that). We dont have paypal in Hungary.

Mar 8, 2005 at 11:50 PM Post #3 of 43
I would go paypal. As for the wax sheets, I really would only want 1 or 2 sheets out of the package of 5. If there's anyone else who feels the same way, we could split up those sheets a little. As far as I know, you can only buy them in packages of 5.... which is... how many, 50 wax guards? That's an awful lot.

Mar 8, 2005 at 11:55 PM Post #4 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor
I can pay with Western Union money transfer or I can try to pay with a check (have to look into that). We dont have paypal in Hungary.

Hmm how can you not have PayPal? Is it blocked or something? It's like.. "we don't have head-fi in Denmark"? =)

Mar 9, 2005 at 12:16 AM Post #6 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by akerman
Hmm how can you not have PayPal? Is it blocked or something? It's like.. "we don't have head-fi in Denmark"? =)

Nah, paypal is a web based service, not just a website. They only offer services to a limited number of countries, and mine is not among those. I can access the paypal website, but that gets me nowhere.

Mar 9, 2005 at 12:27 AM Post #7 of 43
Anyone else want to split the wax guards with me? Because I too, only need like 2 sheets. If not, i'll just get the whole shabang! I'll probably pay with paypal MD, so whenever you post the info, i'll send it!

Mar 9, 2005 at 12:30 AM Post #8 of 43
for me the only way to pay is paypal..

i still would like to know how much u need for shipping the 2 small and 1 medium to the netherlands.

Let me know exactly how much u need me to transfer.

Mar 9, 2005 at 1:06 AM Post #9 of 43
MD, if you could update your spreadsheet to show that there are 5 pieces in every bag of wax sheets, and we could all PM you to let you know how many sheets we want, it could save a few bags. It's likely that noone wants more than 2 or 3 sheets.

Mar 9, 2005 at 1:16 AM Post #10 of 43
There are 5 sheets in each bag? I didn't know that! Anyone not needing 5 sheets can throw me a PM please!

So far this is great. 15:1 paypal
redface.gif
ther. I wasn't expecting this much support. This should be easy, and I encourage as many as possible to do paypal!

Mar 9, 2005 at 2:04 AM Post #11 of 43
unless i got screwed by shure in my last order... the wax guards are 5 pairs (ten total) on a SINGLE sheet. sorry guys...

and speaking of wax guards... how often do you guys replace these? I seem to have trouble with the damn things. they keep coming off for me.

Mar 9, 2005 at 2:08 AM Post #12 of 43
OK, so there are indeed 5 pairs in each "bag". Sorry guys, but they really are ripping us off that much.

Mar 9, 2005 at 2:44 AM Post #14 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinbios
ouch, the wax guards are expensive! since i ordered two sheets, anyone want a spare sheet instead?

and any additions for shipping?

I added it to my original post.

You may cancel your wax guard order if you want, I have no problem with it as they are not sold in any fixed quantity (besides the sheet itself).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back