Official Reggae/Ska/Dub Thread
Sep 15, 2013 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Makiah S

Sponsor: EarMen | HeadAmp
Member of the Trade: Bricasti Design
Formerly known as Mshenay
Just purchased the Sublime Self titled album... after years of loving their music via Radio I finally get to hear it from my own gear in glorious 24bit [R.I.P B Nowell] 

On an equally somber note, I'm also revisting some Matisyahu, really loving the Live from the Subbs' Album... a shame all his music after Youth... just got so terrible imo

ANY Reggae fans you know the saying guys, puff puff PASS. Share them mellow tunes, don't keep all that good stuff to your self! 

and feel free to share ! 

Sep 15, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #2 of 26
I hope you're including Dub?
L3000.gif

Subscribed.

Sep 15, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #3 of 26
  I hope you're including Dub?
L3000.gif

Subscribed.

Added to the title, but I'm not real farmillar with Dub... [well I hear some nice I think it's "dub" on Sub.fm] but dude share some :D make a post! 

Sep 19, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #7 of 26
Totally freaking epic! I found the old recordings of my BASS :D I get to see what the frequancy range is for the C Major scale xD

and sadly all my old Reggae is gone q.q 

Only have Sublime and Mastiyahu Left 

Sep 28, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #10 of 26
Rockers!

Sep 29, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #13 of 26
I always have plenty of reggae available for listening. What I'm listening to this week is this one, only because I just picked up the CD version:

Gregory Isaacs - Night Nurse (1982)

Excellent old school lover's rock. 
smile.gif

Sep 29, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #15 of 26
  Did someone mention Lover's Rock...

And nice to hear some one's enjoying some DT 990 with their riddim ;3
ooh nice going to go snatch some of that up now! 

Oh yea I forget I knew about reggae 

Nice clean beat, and grungy lyrics. I like it! 

We all know Reggae is very politcal and relgious, but I think a lot of his fans... got a little fake and started to focus more on his relgion and nationality than his music... thus leading to him abandoning his traditional faith, and changing to a new genre of music. Lyrically his new stuff is decent, but the sound isn't one I like :/ a shame that posers ruined what could have been a great new Reggae legend 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back