Official NYC Regional Spring Meet 03/22/08 - Impressions
Mar 22, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #3 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is already 1:15 and I am still stranded at work. This ain't fair! I am still trying to extricate myself from this place.

You can't quit! your job is to be the light giver in people's life.
wink.gif

Mar 22, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #4 of 137
Taken just a few minutes ago:
img8915op6.jpg

(Crappy camera >.<)

This is the first meet I've been to. It's pretty cool so far.
The CD3k's are nice
icon10.gif

Mar 22, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #5 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can't quit! your job is to be the light giver in people's life.
wink.gif

I am locked in...sorry! with business the way it is these days, I can't turn my back on the showroom and walk out. I apologize to the nice person who made a name badge for me. Perhaps I can use it next year? So sorry!

Mar 22, 2008 at 10:45 PM Post #10 of 137
Heading out with my bro now, but will post pics (likely drunkenly) when I get back tonight.

Nice meet as usual--much more low key this year--and good to see everyone.

Mar 22, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #11 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come on you slackers, where are the pics?
biggrin.gif

i saw towert7 walking around taking several pics, I'm sure when he gets home he'll post them

Mar 22, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #13 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Max /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i saw towert7 walking around taking several pics, I'm sure when he gets home he'll post them

Dude, 150 pictures. You guys better hope some of them came out bad, or that'll be quite a few!!!

Mar 23, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #14 of 137
The turnout was very good this year especially considering Mikail was not there with 4 tables and Ray didn't make it (sorry to hear about this Ray. Hope the weather turns out better for you).

Thanks again Aaron. It was a big success!

I heard the HE1.2B out of the Woo GES. For the price, it was real nice. I'm sure this'll be a serious competitor to the Stax Omega 2 (which again I was impressed by).

Fang was there with a few new IEM's and Ear buds. I was impressed by the IEM that he has developed. The RE2 was a little lite on the bass but it was not taking away from the music which is nice. The mids were really quite smooth and the highs were not harsh at all. This was something that I was looking for in an entry level IEM. Very impressive. He had a RE1 that may still be a prototype, but it was very impressive. It had the smooth mids of the RE2, with more bass. I'm sure there are more differences between the two, but that would require me to do a more critical listen. The RE1 would be a serious consideration for a nice IEM. Certainly a lot better than the other IEM's I've tried in terms of smoothness!

Jack from WooAudio was there. It was nice to finally meet the makers and engineers of these nice amps. I had a chance to listen to his GES and Stax 202, and I was very impressed by what I was hearing. I also had a chance to hear the WA5-LE, and was very impressed at what that did to my HD650. Bass had more detail and highs seemed more present. The highs also had more snap to them. That would be a nice match for my HD650.

It was a pleasure to meet everyone. I wanted to take a lot of pictures of people at this meet (since that's arguably as important as the gear itself). I'll have to see how they came out.

Lots of nice gear this time around. Nice gear, nice people, what more can we ask for.

Mar 23, 2008 at 12:15 AM Post #15 of 137
Many thanks to immtbiker for organizing a superb meeting! Photos will be in shortly from listens2tubes. What a great bunch of people to have met at the first Head-Fi meet I've attended. Much learned, new music discovered, different points of view appreciated (without fights, of course), and Aaron's shortcut home skirted the traffic on the Cross Bronx. Home in less than an hour! Sorry Ray couldn't get out of Chicago. Wanted to thank him personally for work he did on my XR-10B. Thanks Ray. Can't wait until the next one in November. Thank you again to all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back