Official NYC Meet Sat June 2nd 2012
May 24, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #301 of 427
For all those who will be attending... I think a lot of us will be especially interested in your impressions of Red Wine Audio's new version of their Corvina HPA.  I understand it will have both single-ended output and balanced output - to improve it's peformance with both low impedence and high impedence phones.  

It will reportedly be especially great with Audeze and HiFiMan phones driven out of the balanced output.

I'm particularly interested in how it drives "new version" Senn HD580 / 600 / 650's / 800's, as well as Grados, ATH's and Denon's.   

May 24, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #302 of 427
Speaking for everyone now aren't you? Well, should be interesting. Pretty pumped myself about the meet, I pretty much have been an audiophile in the mobile sector of the world. Havent had much exposure at all with the full sized items. Gonna be an interesting time. I've never even listened to something balanced before, but I'm hoping I can change that with HiFiMan headphones and some others, and hopefully with my AS-2b's. 
Quote:
For all those who will be attending... I think a lot of us will be especially interested in your impressions of Red Wine Audio's new version of their Corvina HPA.  I understand it will have both single-ended output and balanced output - to improve it's peformance with both low impedence and high impedence phones.  

It will reportedly be especially great with Audeze and HiFiMan phones driven out of the balanced output.

I'm particularly interested in how it drives "new version" Senn HD580 / 600 / 650's / 800's, as well as Grados, ATH's and Denon's.   

May 24, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #303 of 427
Quote:
 (Check out Post #73 if your interested in free ear impressions)

and here are some more quality impressions for your ears
gs1000.gif
:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKKDKAKNH-k

May 27, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #304 of 427
Will definitely be going to this!  Glad to meet (tehee) up with friends made from other meets.

biggrin.gif

May 27, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #305 of 427
Quote:
Will definitely be going to this!  Glad to meet (tehee) up with friends made from other meets.

biggrin.gif

Added to the list,Less then a week to go
biggrin.gif

May 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #306 of 427
My amp is now back up and running and ready for primetime!

Next weekend is going to be awesome. I'm now totally psyched.

Thanks to Tom for making this happen.

May 29, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #309 of 427
if anyone could bring an extra pair of normal bias stax, i'd like to use them with a srd-7 setup (i only have pro-bias headphones these days).

(the srd-7 will be for sale shortly)

May 29, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #310 of 427
Quote:
Due to some unforeseen car troubles, I will have to bow out of the meet :frowning2:

Sorry to hear that!
Quote:
Please add me to the list. I'm going to try and make it in the afternoon. :)

Added to the list.
  4 more days to go,Donations for the not so silent auction  appreciated.

May 29, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #311 of 427
Just got in my cable order from Chris_Himself. I'll be bringing them with me to show off and let people take a listen

May 30, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #312 of 427
Woot!!!

Flying out in the AM.

Looking forward to the weekend.

Thanks for leading the charge, Tom!

May 30, 2012 at 7:43 AM Post #313 of 427
Will be posting a FS Classified later today for a 5.5 foot Chris_Himself Silver Ray IEM cable with recessed plugs and an Oyaide Rhodium plated Straight mini-plug. It has wooden Y-Split and a wooden slider. Used for 5 minutes to test that it worked and see how it felt. Decided it wasnt for me, as I liked the DHC Nucleotide Wire Chris_Himself made for me a lot better.

I mention this here because I wanted to let everyone know that if they are interested, let me know and if I sell it at the meet up I will donate shipping costs I save and 15% of the sale price, to the event to help pay for the room. 

EDIT: The plugs actually work on recessed ports, I tried them myself, and this is for westone/JHA/UM type IEM's. Not UE TF10's.

May 30, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #314 of 427
Well, I haven't posted much nor in quite a while, but I'd love to bring my hf2's and SR80's to test out amps/dacs for later incursions into wallet-slimming territories. Don't know if my Playstation 1 will be here by then, if it is, I'll bring it along after leaving it on all night.
v/

May 30, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #315 of 427
Quote:
Well, I haven't posted much nor in quite a while, but I'd love to bring my hf2's and SR80's to test out amps/dacs for later incursions into wallet-slimming territories. Don't know if my Playstation 1 will be here by then, if it is, I'll bring it along after leaving it on all night.
v/

Added to the list.

For those who are driving ,pay attention to the parking signs as they are enforced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back