Official NYC area / Regional Fall meet, November 14th, 2015 - Stamford Sheraton
Nov 13, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #406 of 422
Looking forward to the meet.
I see the hours are 9-4, with "vendor set up" at 8AM...do these times apply to folks setting up their own stuff for listening or sale?

Generally, I like to give the vendors time to set up first. But since they have their own tables, anyone can show up at 8AM.

Tables for vendors are on perimeter. The general public, even if you are selling something is in the middle rows.

Nov 13, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #407 of 422

Gonna try to make it to the meet tomorrow. 50-50 right now; won't know for sure til morning.

I can bring some of the following (let me know if anyone has a preference):

iBasso R10 (possibly for sale)
iFi iDSD Micro
AK Jr.
Oppo PM-3 with balanced cables
Blue Mo-fi (for sale)
will probably wear my Fostex mk3s

Nov 13, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #408 of 422
Oh, I missed that it is so early. I'm not going to make it as it is 2 hours travel time for me on public transit from Brooklyn. :frowning2:

Too bad as I'm considering an Ether-C and wanted to audition it. Guess I can find it somewhere else though.

Don't believe you are required to be at the meet 9-4, you can probably come at 11 or 12 and check out most of what you'd care to hear (at least, if the one other meet I got to is anything to go by). Going from Central Jersey, too bad no other Brooklyn folks around.

Nov 13, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #409 of 422
Looking forward to the meet.

I see the hours are 9-4, with "vendor set up" at 8AM...do these times apply to folks setting up their own stuff for listening or sale?

Generally, I like to give the vendors time to set up first. But since they have their own tables, anyone can show up at 8AM.

Tables for vendors are on perimeter. The general public, even if you are selling something is in the middle rows.

Being a bit thick here, but I assume by vendors you mean folks in business, and not those of us just showing or personal stuff or selling our personal stuff...

Nov 13, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #410 of 422
I spy…with my eye…BrownieLady in my kitchen making dozens of her world renown NYC Regional Head-Fi Meet brownies and cupcakes!

For those of you who are new to our group and don't know about Telica (my wife) and her meet treats, you are in for a special sugar rush made just for meet attendees.

The tradition is back with a vengeance!!! I thought I was never going make it out alive when I told everyone I was empty handed at the last meet. 

Yum…yum 
smile.gif

Make sure to wash your hands after enjoying the delicacies so they don't get on the equipment.

Nov 13, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #412 of 422
Being a bit thick here, but I assume by vendors you mean folks in business, and not those of us just showing or personal stuff or selling our personal stuff...

You're understanding me correctly... A vendor is in bizness eg HIFIMAN.

Nov 13, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #413 of 422
Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow... have to say, though, wow, you guys picked a heck of a location. A whopping 2-2.5 hours from my apartment in eastern PA...I'll probably be a couple hours late. haha

Nov 13, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #414 of 422
  I missed the fact that Vinnie would be able to make it after all.  I use the LIO in my main speaker rig, and if people want to hear it, I could bring it along.  It has a balanced headphone module and a PCM/DSD DAC module as well as an AMP and Phono module that won't be of much use at the meet (not about to truck my VPI Prime to the meet).  Just let me know if it is worth the effort of doing the disconnects and packing up.  Given it has been shipping for about a year now, maybe anyone that wants to hear it has.

Hopefully, this reply isn't late, but I'm interested to compare Yggdrassil to LIO dac plus try Ether C with LIO

Nov 13, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #415 of 422
Well, I don't seem to be able to get my Geek Out Special Edition/REgen to play well with my PC, no sound. Guess my gear will be Pono/MicroZOTL2/HE-1000, which should be OK...

Nov 13, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #416 of 422
Last minute update: in addition to the Pioneer SE-Master 1 we will also be bringing a pair of Fostex TH500RP. Of course you're welcome to try our Heron 5 and prototype ladder DAC with your own headphones as well.

See you all tomorrow!

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #417 of 422
Tomorrow is the day!

Mullet, can you remove Phil off the list please? He's not able to attend. Thanks in advance.

I hope I can help out in some way so I figure I can at least take pictures of the meet and share it with the community afterwards. I would volunteer to help take photos of the winners but I can't guarantee if we're going to stay until the end. There's a possibility tho!

Looking forward to this meet and everyone else!

Nov 13, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #418 of 422
Ok hitting the hay... see everyone bright and early! Bring on the tasty treats from the BrownieLady! Bring on the end game setups! Locked and loaded...

Nov 13, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #419 of 422
My first meet, excited for tomorrow!  Not sure exactly what to expect, but sounds it'll be a good time and hear some amazing setups.  Been lurking on here for over a decade with my trusty SR80's.  I'll throw those in the car along with my Havi B3 Pro 1's just in case, I think those two are duplicated already anyway, and probably not too in demand with the huge amount of great stuff to listen to.

Been doing lots of research this year, looking to break into some mid-fi.  Anxious to get a chance to actually hear first hand all these great headphones and pickup a pair before the day is out, maybe even an amp and source if I'm lucky.  Leaning toward some Alpha Dogs or HD650's, but tomorrow will tell.  Bringing 2 friends that are like me and have never heard any truly good setups but are eager to learn.  See everyone there!

Nov 13, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #420 of 422
  My first meet, excited for tomorrow!  Not sure exactly what to expect, but sounds it'll be a good time and hear some amazing setups.  Been lurking on here for over a decade with my trusty SR80's.  I'll throw those in the car along with my Havi B3 Pro 1's just in case, I think those two are duplicated already anyway, and probably not too in demand with the huge amount of great stuff to listen to.

Been doing lots of research this year, looking to break into some mid-fi.  Anxious to get a chance to actually hear first hand all these great headphones and pickup a pair before the day is out, maybe even an amp and source if I'm lucky.  Leaning toward some Alpha Dogs or HD650's, but tomorrow will tell.  Bringing 2 friends that are like me and have never heard any truly good setups but are eager to learn.  See everyone there!

You really already have broken into mid-fi already, albeit low-mid-fi.  The HD650 and Alpha Dogs are actually high-mid-fi bordering on actual hi-fi in many folks' books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back