Official NYC area / Regional Fall meet, November 14th, 2015 - Stamford Sheraton
Nov 13, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #391 of 422
  Will go. One question: can I park my car at the hotel?

Yes and it's FREE. They have a parking garage. I'm told they'll leave the gate open. I'll confirm this. Last year there was a ton of confusion over this that I'd like to avoid this year.

Are you coming up from B-More?... maybe you can hook up with B-Dawk20. His ride bailed on him and he can't make it without a ride. He's in Delawhere?

Nov 13, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #392 of 422
Well, seems like my ride did me in and it is too last minute to figure out a way up there as I'm visually impaired and can't drive. Maybe next time folks! I think during the spring meeting I'm going to figure out how to get up to NY alone so I can not have this happen. Post lots of pictures for me guys!

There always is Amtrak. Not sure where you're located in Delaware. Stamford is an Amtrak station so that would be feasible if you were close to Amtrak in Delaware.

Nov 13, 2015 at 1:10 AM Post #393 of 422
  Yes and it's FREE. They have a parking garage. I'm told they'll leave the gate open. I'll confirm this. Last year there was a ton of confusion over this that I'd like to avoid this year.

Are you coming up from B-More?... maybe you can hook up with B-Dawk20. His ride bailed on him and he can't make it without a ride. He's in Delawhere?

lol no I moved to New Jersey :D Hope he could make it there.

Thank you!

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #394 of 422
Also, I'm looking for some woodie demons, so if you are selling some let me know

Also, I just replied my K1000 to fix the rattle, but if the glue is not dry I won't be able to bring them

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #395 of 422
still have to organize what I'm bringing, but I could be convinced to bring the Thinksound On1...

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #396 of 422
  Me and my cousin would be attending this year, it's our first meet! I would be bringing the following headphones

LCD-3F with moon audio silver dragon premium cable dual 3 pins XLR
HE-560 with cardas clear dual 3 pins XLR
ATH-W3000ANV with Norse balance 4 pins XLR

On the 560s what effect did the cable have? What are you driving them with?

Nov 13, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #397 of 422
After reviewing what other equipment will be at the meet, I decided to bring my Auralic stack, which consists of the Taurus Mk II headphone amp, Vega DAC, and Aries streamer.  While I usually pull the music files off of my NAS, for the meet I’ll just attach a USB drive with music files on it.  I also just received an Aries Mini, so I’ll bring that along in case people are interested in comparing the two.  The Aries Mini has a built in DAC, or can be used with and external DAC.  I haven’t yet had time to do any comparisons (just received it Wednesday), but we’ll see.  I’ll also have a notebook on hand, with a copy of Roon and JRiver.  For standard headphones I’ll bring Sennheiser HD800, Audeze LCD3, and Mr Speakers Alpha Primes.

In the portable realm, I’ll bring along a Chord Hugo and Astell & Kern AK240.  I’ve also got a RWAK 100 and an iBasso DX100 that I’d consider selling if people have an interest in them.

I’m anxious to check out Mr Speakers Ether C’s, and the Schiit Yggdrasil DAC. 

Should be a great meet.  I can’t wait!

Nov 13, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #399 of 422
I missed the fact that Vinnie would be able to make it after all.  I use the LIO in my main speaker rig, and if people want to hear it, I could bring it along.  It has a balanced headphone module and a PCM/DSD DAC module as well as an AMP and Phono module that won't be of much use at the meet (not about to truck my VPI Prime to the meet).  Just let me know if it is worth the effort of doing the disconnects and packing up.  Given it has been shipping for about a year now, maybe anyone that wants to hear it has.

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #401 of 422
A few more things...

@Frank I of Headphone.guru will be donating a Schiit Vali for the auction. Thanks Frank!

Several members are donating headphones as well... Thanks @bikerboy94  (Sennheiser 429 and 439) and @jinxy245 (Sennheiser Momentums)

Also I might not be updating who's coming and gear... gotta get my act together for tomorrow.

Who's taking pictures? I know Frank I is... I'm looking for someone to get pics of the winners of the auction. This is for the vendors twitter feeds and the like...

Bring your own power chords, extenders, power strips, deoderant, etc.

Who wants to volunteer to be the auctioneer? I can do it... but I figured I wouldn't mind taking a breather.

Finally, please sign in at the front table. There will also be name tags for those who want one. If you have guests its fine to add +1 or they can sign in as well. I'm just trying to get a head count of how many attended.

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #402 of 422
  A few more things...

@Frank I of Headphone.guru will be donating a Schiit Vali for the auction. Thanks Frank!

Several members are donating headphones as well... Thanks @bikerboy94  (Sennheiser 429 and 439) and @jinxy245 (Sennheiser Momentums)

Also I might not be updating who's coming and gear... gotta get my act together for tomorrow.

Who's taking pictures? I know Frank I is... I'm looking for someone to get pics of the winners of the auction. This is for the vendors twitter feeds and the like...

Bring your own power chords, extenders, power strips, deoderant, etc.

Who wants to volunteer to be the auctioneer? I can do it... but I figured I wouldn't mind taking a breather.

Finally, please sign in at the front table. There will also be name tags for those who want one. If you have guests its fine to add +1 or they can sign in as well. I'm just trying to get a head count of how many attended.

I can do some additional photography.... happened to get a new camera this week.

Here is my final "bringing" and "for sale" list

For Sale:
JDS Labs O2 Amp (with custom artwork)

Bringing for people to demo:
Aurisonics Harmony
Telos Fujisan
AKG Q701
NAD HP50 (borrowed from friend who bought them)

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #403 of 422

The auction is clearly Yikes domain! 

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #404 of 422
Looking forward to the meet.
I see the hours are 9-4, with "vendor set up" at 8AM...do these times apply to folks setting up their own stuff for listening or sale? Went to the Jets Thursday night game (what a disappointment), got in 1AM, dragging today, would love to sleep in tomorrow, at least a bit. Will get in on time if that is something important.
Have to set up my digital source tonight, had even considered chucking the digital and bringing a turntable/vinyl, but it is really such a pain to do with the Linn. Hopefully I set up the PC system on my laptop (Regen, Geek Out) and bring it with cds, tonight's project.
:)

Nov 13, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #405 of 422
Oh, I missed that it is so early. I'm not going to make it as it is 2 hours travel time for me on public transit from Brooklyn. :frowning2:

Too bad as I'm considering an Ether-C and wanted to audition it. Guess I can find it somewhere else though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back