Official NYC area / Regional Fall meet, November 14th, 2015 - Stamford Sheraton
Nov 4, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #301 of 422
@cat6man What affect did the Jitterbug have on your setup? Are you bringing your BHSE/009? 

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #302 of 422
  @cat6man What affect did the Jitterbug have on your setup? Are you bringing your BHSE/009? 

still evaluating the jitterbug

i'm bringing my latest car setup (see sig).......well, the part before the aux in of the car stereo  :)

Nov 5, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #303 of 422
  I'll be bringing a GeekOut V2 and would love to compare the single ended and balanced outputs.

Is anyone bring a headphone or iem with the ability to connect to 3.5mm mini (3 connector) as well as 3.5mm TRSS (4 connector), i.e. cans that can be driven both single ended and balanced?

p.s. looks like the delays at LH will prevent me from bring a GeekOut V2+ with me as planned.................but with the ship date moved from October to November, there is a chance it might arrive pre-meet

I'll have an adapter to go from 2.5mm TRRS for AK players and similar to a full sized 4 pin XLR for balanced if that will help with what you are wanting to do.

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #304 of 422

Aw mannnn I was looking forward to trying your HP50 and buying it if I enjoyed it and had the funds >_<  Haha.

The guy I sold them to might be coming to the meet. You may still have a shot at listening. 

Nov 5, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #305 of 422
  I'll have an adapter to go from 2.5mm TRRS for AK players and similar to a full sized 4 pin XLR for balanced if that will help with what you are wanting to do.

thanks for the offer, but the 2.5mm that AK uses won't work with 3.5mm.
at worst, i'll be able to compare different headsets, single ended and balanced, on the same V2 dac

Nov 5, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #306 of 422
As in the past, if you have a piece of equipment that you no longer want/need and you think others might want it items can be donated to the Room (Auctioned off).

The Not So Silent Auction is NOT for private sales, just for items where the proceeds go to pay for the room.

It does appear that vendors are donating some very desirable items. Remember the auction is to raise funds for the room. The Not So Silent Auction is for CASH, so bring some. 

Yikes
Ethan

Nov 6, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #307 of 422
Aw man, still gonna be in PA for college during that time. If it were anytime during the thanksgiving break, i would definitely be there. Looking to meet the community and look for good bargins or tradesin addition to demoing some stuff while i had the opportunity Also looking to just cut to the chase and purchase what i think will be my endgame cans (LCD-X)

Nov 6, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #308 of 422
Aw man, still gonna be in PA for college during that time. If it were anytime during the thanksgiving break, i would definitely be there. Looking to meet the community and look for good bargins or tradesin addition to demoing some stuff while i had the opportunity Also looking to just cut to the chase and purchase what i think will be my endgame cans (LCD-X)

in college and want to spend that kind of money on cans?! Wish I could have done that. Get your endgame after you graduate and have a jerb! Especially with so many great $affordable options these days. 

But who am I to judge...

Nov 6, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #309 of 422
I'm an 18 yo high school drop out with a minimum wage job and i have the signature djs haha. And i am planning on getting the th900s in a little while too. I may have poor judgement when it comes to how i spend my money.... Or maybe not. :D

Nov 6, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #310 of 422
I'm an 18 yo high school drop out with a minimum wage job and i have the signature djs haha. And i am planning on getting the th900s in a little while too. I may have poor judgement when it comes to how i spend my money.... Or maybe not.
biggrin.gif

Hey man it's your money, you can do what you want with it.  And at least audio equipment is a truly long-term rewarding investment.  When I think of all the money I spent on, well, okay on POT when I was in college and stuff, it would probably (no wait, DEFINITELY) be enough to buy a full-blown summit-fi level system with a SR-009 and all that jazz, lmao.

Nov 7, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #311 of 422
Hey man it's your money, you can do what you want with it.  And at least audio equipment is a truly long-term rewarding investment.  When I think of all the money I spent on, well, okay on POT when I was in college and stuff, it would probably (no wait, DEFINITELY) be enough to buy a full-blown summit-fi level system with a SR-009 and all that jazz, lmao.

Rofl

Nov 7, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #312 of 422
I'll be there!  This will be my first meet, and looking forward to it.  I plan to bring along my pair of AKG K612s and my vintage AKG K240s from 1979.  I know, not SOTA by any means although the K612s punch well at their price point.

MGbert

Users who are viewing this thread

Back