Official NYC area / Regional Fall meet, November 14th, 2015 - Stamford Sheraton
Oct 25, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #256 of 422
The M50's are good for their price, you can definitely do a lot worse at that price-point.  There was a point in time when there was just about nothing truly better out there in the sub-$200 price-range.  But these days yeah, you can do better!

Find me (my real name is Jack Goodman) at the meet and I'll let you try my Sony MDR-100AAP.  They're a new headphone from Sony, only been out for about a month and a half, cost in the 150 to 220 dollar range depending on 2where you live, and totally blow something like the ATH-M50x out of the water as far as portables go, in my opinion :)  In fact, they may be the very best portable headphones available now for under $350!  Sony really set the bar with them.

I'm sure lots of other folks will have some very good mid-fi level headphones for you to try as well.  Some people I'm sure will have the NAD Viso HP50 and the PSB M4U 1, which are both great options in the under-$250 range.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Interesting. I look forward to testing them out! Personally, I'm in the market for planar magnetic headphones, and I've been eyeing on the HiFiMAN 400i. But who knows what I'll end up with! And I look forward to meeting you, Jack!

Oct 25, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #257 of 422
Interesting. I look forward to testing them out! Personally, I'm in the market for planar magnetic headphones, and I've been eyeing on the HiFiMAN 400i. But who knows what I'll end up with! And I look forward to meeting you, Jack!

I hope I'll still be able to make it there now that I have wrecked my car!  I'll let you guys know probably a few days beforehand.

Look forward to meeting you, too!

Oct 25, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #258 of 422
Here's an updated one of mine using his format  
Cans/IEMS

1. JH Angie
  2. Sennheiser HD 800 
  3. Sennheiser HD 700
  4. Audeze LCD-X
  5. Phillips Fidelio X2

DACs / Amps / Sources
  1. Astell & Kern AK240
  2. Schiit Lyr 2 (Telefunken E88CC)
  3. Schiit Bifrost Multibit
  4. Chord Mojo
  5. FiiO E12

Oct 25, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #259 of 422
@goodyfresh couldn't you take the Metro North or Amtrak from New Haven? or there might be someone else coming from that direction. Maybe you can get a lift.

Oct 25, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #260 of 422
Updating what I'm bringing. Just sent my LCD-Xs back to Audeze so they won't be making an appearance.

Cans/IEMS
  1. Audeze LCD-3 w/ Toxic Cables Silver Widow cable
  2. Shure SRH-840s (For Sale)
  3. Ultimate Ears UE9000
  4. Aurisonics ASG 2.5
  5. Westone UM3X
  6. Westone 4

DACs / Amps / Sources
  1. Modi 2 Uber
  2. Schiit Asgard 2
  3. FiiO E17

Oct 25, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #262 of 422
  @goodyfresh I'm headed up through New Haven. Depending on how many other folks come with me, I might be able to give you a ride! 

That's really nice of you, dude!  I'll let you know if I end up needing your help, but for now it looks like I probably will in-fact have a car to use by the time of the Meet :)

Oct 25, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #263 of 422
So this time I will bring Modded HD800, which are for sale so PM for details, with 4 aftermarket cables (cables will also work with Audeze and BMF headphones) and Ether with DUM cable terminated with 4 pin XLR but I have 4 pin XLR to 1/4" Jack adapter, which I bought at Canjam

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Oct 27, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #264 of 422
Attending with my:
Sources of
1. ARCAM irDAC
2. Portable CD player SONY EJ-01
Amplifier of
3. RSA SR71B
Headphones of
4.Beyerdynamics DT770 pro 250ohm
5.Beyerdynamics DT1350

To specify nothing in this list is for sale.

The ARCAM irDAC accepts ipod connection with lightning/dock to USB cable. I'll bring my lightning cable. Anybody with iPod Classic or so and is interested please bring your own 30pin-USB cable. The irDAC will also be connected with the SONY EJ01 CD player through optical/toslink. You're welcomed to bring your own disc and try the setting.

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #265 of 422
I've had a schedule change, so I should be able to make it...IDK how long I'll be able to stay (I'll be coming from Orange County NY, then traveling to Manhattan after the meet to go to work...) but I'm pleased as punch to be able to make it (I hope!!!) since this'll be my 1st meet.

What to bring, what to bring? I'll try not to be redundant...a bunch of people have some of the same cans as I (great ears hear alike, eh?) so I guess I'll bring

Headphones  Torque t402v,
Shure SE535, TDK BA100, Westone UM20,
Headphone AmpsAudioquest Dragonfly, ALO National
SourceFiio X3

If there's anything else anyone sees in my inventory, let me know I'll bring it along.

I've got a few things I'd like to sell...a couple of active posts here and a few more to cut down... how does that work? List it here & bring it along & see if anyone's interested??

Either way...looking forward to meeting 'yall..

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #266 of 422
I'm looking forward to this meet. Does anyone here have Spiral Ear SE5 ultimate that can brought along?

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #267 of 422
1 week away, starting to settle on what to bring, what to sell. Will be driving from Central NJ if someone needs a lift.

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #268 of 422
1 week away, starting to settle on what to bring, what to sell. Will be driving from Central NJ if someone needs a lift.

2 weeks away,otherwise you will be really early
dt880smile.png

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #269 of 422
Oops...like to have lots of time to set up :xf_eek:

Oct 31, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #270 of 422
Ran into Mr. Steve Guttenberg at AES. He said he will probably be joining us.

Also had a chance to the listen to the new LCD-4s. I didn't get a chance to really audition them because of the loud setting at the Javits Center, but I reckon they did sound really good. I didn't have a choice in listening material so that didn't help either. I'm highly doubtful we'll see 'em at the meet being that there are only a few in the wild. But here's to hoping. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back