Official NY /Regional Spring meet, April 20 2013
Apr 12, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #451 of 566
Quote:
Kenman345, hello
e-Q7 is a quite old model, it may be difficult to get last minute unit on time but, I will try finding one, but surely I can bring the newer BA from Ortofon called e-Q5
I could also bring Grado 10 which uses same BA drivers as e-Q7, both made in same factory here in Japan. Sound wise they are very alike so one can get an idea what e-Q7 sounds like by checking the Grado 10 or even e-Q5
P.S. I am planing on brining  another BA form Final Audio Design Heaven C
looking forward to the meet..

Oh, okay. I didn't realize which was the newer or older models. I am just interested in hearing the moving armature technology. I am always curious to hear different drivers and get a sense of where they excel or fall short. Gives you a new appreciation for the other drivers you get to hear and maybe even find a new product to own.

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #452 of 566
...and while we'll all be in the hall, someone will be winning the International Whistling Competition...

Next year lets plan a meet to coincide.

http://www.whistlingiwc.com/index.html

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #453 of 566
Quote:
Yep. And since these are on a really strict MAP policy, you won't find them discounted anywhere but at the auction.

We'll also be offering a 20% discount on all of our customs as well as free impressions for anyone that buys during the meet. Actually, we'll be giving away impression coupons for the best audiologist in Manhattan. Almost the same thing... For anyone who can't make it to the meet but wants a great local audiologist, look no further than Dr. Julie Glick with Musicians Hearing Solutions.

Musicians Hearing Solutions
420 Madison Avenue
Fifth Floor
New York, NY 10017
917-929-0268
http://www.musicianshearingsolutions.com/

See you soon.

Does this mean we can get impressions at some kind of cost even if we don't get something from UE? 

Apr 13, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #454 of 566
Quote:

Does this mean we can get impressions at some kind of cost even if we don't get something from UE? 

I am pretty sure you can for a fee,that was the case at past meets.

Apr 13, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #455 of 566
Quote:
I am pretty sure you can for a fee,that was the case at past meets.

As I understand it, UE was saying they are offering a voucher/coupon for an audiologist in Manhattan when you buy a set of their CIEM's at the meet up.

Apr 13, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #456 of 566
" We'll also be offering a 20% discount on all of our customs as well as free impressions for anyone that buys during the meet. "

Wow Mike, this is very good news.  I will be looking to buy a set of 4 Pro Custom IN Ear Monitors.!!   Looking forward to the meet. May have to drag a friend along now! 
gs1000.gif

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #457 of 566
Hopefully I'm not violating any thread rules, but I wanted to give a heads up to NY/NJ area folks about the show in manhattan this weekend.

While mostly speaker and high end related (cost are getting insane...........you think your wallet is in trouble in Head-Fi land?), there is a head-zone
with a number of manufacturers plus Woo audio has a nice suite themselves.

What I really wanted to let folks know about is that just as I was about to leave for the day, I stopped in the vendor area on the 4th floor at AIX HD music and was floored to see a Smyth Realizer setup demoing AIX recordings.  I have been looking to hear the realizer for years now and what I heard on a 5.1 source, using someone else's calibration (Mark Waldrep) albsolutely floored me with the presentation.  RUN, don't walk, to see this if you get a chance.  I almost missed it amongst the wares for sale but this was the highlight of the show for me.

p.s. It would be really cool if someone brought a Smyth Realizer to the LI meet

p.p.s.  AIX has a wonderful looking HD sampler disk (for sale for only $10) that I bought and will be ripping to my hard drive as soon as I finish this post.  Over 3 hours of HD music, as there are three surround mixes and one 2 channel mix included.

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #458 of 566
Quote:
Hopefully I'm not violating any thread rules, but I wanted to give a heads up to NY/NJ area folks about the show in manhattan this weekend.

While mostly speaker and high end related (cost are getting insane...........you think your wallet is in trouble in Head-Fi land?), there is a head-zone
with a number of manufacturers plus Woo audio has a nice suite themselves.

What I really wanted to let folks know about is that just as I was about to leave for the day, I stopped in the vendor area on the 4th floor at AIX HD music and was floored to see a Smyth Realizer setup demoing AIX recordings.  I have been looking to hear the realizer for years now and what I heard on a 5.1 source, using someone else's calibration (Mark Waldrep) albsolutely floored me with the presentation.  RUN, don't walk, to see this if you get a chance.  I almost missed it amongst the wares for sale but this was the highlight of the show for me.

p.s. It would be really cool if someone brought a Smyth Realizer to the LI meet

p.p.s.  AIX has a wonderful looking HD sampler disk (for sale for only $10) that I bought and will be ripping to my hard drive as soon as I finish this post.  Over 3 hours of HD music, as there are three surround mixes and one 2 channel mix included.

Their was one there last year...

Apr 13, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #462 of 566
I will be bringing both Audeze LCD-3 and Fostex THD-900 headphones along with an Ayre Acoustic QB=9 DAC.
The phones will be powered by the just released Bakoon HPA-21 amplifier which received positive reviews as an excellent match for both headphones

Apr 13, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #463 of 566
I will be bringing both Audeze LCD-3 and Fostex THD-900 headphones along with an Ayre Acoustic QB=9 DAC.
The phones will be powered by the just released Bakoon HPA-21 amplifier which received positive reviews as an excellent match for both headphones

Good news...two on my short-list. Hopefully I'll get a chance to hook-up with you on Saturday.

Apr 14, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #464 of 566
REMINDERS:

• We are going to have some of the TOTL Portable DAP's at the meet up. Please PM or post with requests of songs and I'll arrange a few cards with the files and try to have them organized properly so we can do comparisons, I don't know of another opportunity to test so many of these devices in the same day (iBasso DX100, Altmann Tera Player, iRiver AK100, HiFiMan HM-901, and hoping maybe MusicaAcoustics will bring a Colorfly C4)
  • BRING CASH!!! Lots of deals from vendors as well as the Not-So-Silent Auction. This is a great opportunity to grow your gear collection on the cheap(er)
  • Please read over the rules and make sure to practice proper hygiene, it's a large room but we are all gonna be there and many/most of us for several hours so please be clean and wash your hands when you come back from getting food or the bathroom. 
  • Remember this is a community event but others are allowed and welcomed to come. It's all about having a good time and this is an all day event, so if you can't take a listen to something right away come back at a later point, be pleasant with others and respect others gear as they bring it hoping to share their experience and not to have it broken.
  • Don't forget about where to park, Don't let something simple ruin your days enjoyment

Apr 14, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #465 of 566
REMINDERS:

1. Please read over the rules and make sure to practice proper hygiene, it's a large room but we are all gonna be there and many/most of us for several hours so please be clean and wash your hands when you come back from getting food or the bathroom. 

This requires a reminder...what am I getting myself into?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back