Official NY /Regional Spring meet, April 20 2013
Feb 22, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #241 of 566
The first time I went to a meet (N NJ), I was certain that my at the time current Stax was perfectly fine and I had no plans to upgrade any part of my main system.
Then I found how much better some of the systems there sounded compared to the one I had, so there went my preconception........and my wallet emptied as I upgraded to 404LE which actually had bass.

When the 009 came out, I actually showed the ad to a friend and laughed at the price.............it couldn't possibly be worth it, right?
Now I have an 009 and a BHSE.

This year I am absolutely, 100% certain that I do NOT need to upgrade my headphone setup and my wallet will remain closed.
I really really really mean it this time!!!!!!! 

See you all on long island..............I'll bring something unique/unusual again this year (equally as cool as last year's Pelican box patio system).

Feb 23, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #242 of 566
If I can get a ride from someone (I live in Bushwick)  I can bring:
V-Moda M-100
V-Moda M-80
cMoyBB V.2.03

Same, could use a ride:

Live near bushwick, east williamsburg::

Bringing ex1000, fxz200, mtpgs, grado sr225's, ie80s (possibly fake), ibasso pb1 toucan portable amp

Lemme know

Feb 23, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #243 of 566
Quote:
Just updated post #3.

@rawrster: AVU would like to see an Anedio D1. You seemed on the fence about which device to bring, I think this might help you with your decision

Sorry it took so long to get it back to current. I update the post when I can. Can't wait for the meet up

I don't really like moving the D1 cuz of the spikes on the bottom instead of something flat but I guess the D1 will do. I'll still be packing fairly light with that and the K702/65.

Feb 23, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #244 of 566
You don't need to bring it, but you did say you were gonna bring one or the other so i figured I should bring it to your attention
Quote:
I don't really like moving the D1 cuz of the spikes on the bottom instead of something flat but I guess the D1 will do. I'll still be packing fairly light with that and the K702/65.

Feb 24, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #245 of 566
Hey, without meaning to sound in any way ungrateful or critical, why hasn't there been a meet in NYC in what seems like a long time? I'd love to attend my first Head-Fi meet, but I'm in Brooklyn, and getting out to Babylon on the LIRR would be a full-day commitment. Anyone ever host one of these in New York City?

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #246 of 566
Quote:
Hey, without meaning to sound in any way ungrateful or critical, why hasn't there been a meet in NYC in what seems like a long time? I'd love to attend my first Head-Fi meet, but I'm in Brooklyn, and getting out to Babylon on the LIRR would be a full-day commitment. Anyone ever host one of these in New York City?

Maybe you can hitch a ride with another member.Years back 2 meets where held in manhattan.

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #247 of 566
There have been a few of us who have said we live in Brooklyn. How about us Brooklynites all split a cab to the meet? PM me if you guys want to work out the details.

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #248 of 566
Horribly tempted to go. But, living 2 hours away AND not having a car doesn't help. Perhaps by stroke of luck I can go. 
wink_face.gif
 (Being into audio at age 17 doesn't really help me, but I have only scratched the surface. It'd be a blast to see what is out there).

~Kami

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #249 of 566
I wouldn't worry too much, their are going to be other meet ups. Your profile says you live in PA, maybe you should see when the next Philly/PA meet up is.
Quote:
Horribly tempted to go. But, living 2 hours away AND not having a car doesn't help. Perhaps by stroke of luck I can go. 
wink_face.gif
 (Being into audio at age 17 doesn't really help me, but I have only scratched the surface. It'd be a blast to see what is out there).

~Kami

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #251 of 566
Quote:

I think you'll find that a "full-day commitment" for a Head-Fi meet will be worth it for the variety of gear that you'll be able to listen to. As for meets within NYC itself, the cost for a venue would likely be prohibitively expensive which is why meets are typically held on either Long Island or in White Plains. Considering you live in the area (I don't, I'm way out of state), I would've thought you'd known that?

And no offense intended, but you've been on Head-Fi since 2006 and haven't attended a meet yet? There's been an average of 2 NY meets per year since 2006 (probably earlier as well, but I don't know of anything earlier as I went to my first NY meet in 2006).

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #252 of 566
I gotta second that. The amount of gear you'll hear is unlike most other events. I enjoyed the meet up last year a whole lot. And this year looks to have a similar amount of vendors. I was looking at the other meet ups happening in the US on the same day and they don't seem to have any listed vendors coming. You'll be able to hear some generic models of Aurisonics and Ultimate Ear products as well as a nice selection of Beyerdynamic headphones and HiFiMan headphones. Not too sure what HeadAmp is bringing this year but I know mrspeakers will be bringing his only product, the Mad Dog Headphones which sounded amazing at last years meet and I hear they've only improved since then. Woo Audio will probably have a nice tube amp with them and some other interesting items (I don't know too much about Woo Audio products but they're eye catching for sure and interesting to take a listen to). 

So I've mentioned the vendors products, but their are tons of other items ranging from the highest end of audio to the lowest that will be there. Check out post #3 to get a list of what is being brought by users. Whether portable audio is your thing or desktop audio is, you'll find something interesting in that list almost certainly. 

And my favorite part probably is the silent auction. Probably one of the best ways to support the Head-Fi community and get a really nice deal on gear. 

Quote:
I think you'll find that a "full-day commitment" for a Head-Fi meet will be worth it for the variety of gear that you'll be able to listen to. As for meets within NYC itself, the cost for a venue would likely be prohibitively expensive which is why meets are typically held on either Long Island or in White Plains. Considering you live in the area (I don't, I'm way out of state), I would've thought you'd known that?

And no offense intended, but you've been on Head-Fi since 2006 and haven't attended a meet yet? There's been an average of 2 NY meets per year since 2006 (probably earlier as well, but I don't know of anything earlier as I went to my first NY meet in 2006).

Feb 25, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #254 of 566
Quote:

A little history of the NY meets,The first 4 NY meets where held  at Grado Labs starting in Nov 2002 in which I organized(highwaystar coorganized) ( & highwaystar organized the 2nd & 3rd with me as coorganizer)& happened 6 months apart( I organized the 4th  and last meet to be held at Grado Labs) .In 2005 it moved to the Adria(immtbiker organized) in queens  & some in Long island(I organized),A couple of meets where in Manhattan(Meech & Jahn organized) & later westchester (erikzen organized)for the fall meets for a couple of years .  In the spring of 2006 the First National meet was Held in Queens With Immbiker being the lead organizer with me,Jahn,Tyll,jpelg & erikzen being coorganizers.
Meets have been happening twice a year in the spring & fall since 2002 untill this past fall when no one stepped up to the plate to organize it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back