Official: NY Metro Area Meet, December 13
Dec 7, 2008 at 11:02 AM Post #211 of 312
Newbie from SF here visiting NYC during the time of the meet and seriously thinking about heading out to the meet since I've missed everything on the West Coast this past year. I have a pair of V3 Leopardwood Darths and the newish Graham Slee Novo Amp I can try to bring. I can also bring a Corda Arietta if anyone really wants to hear that.

And its probably too late and it looks like markl isn't coming out but I would've loved to have picked up one of his D2000 Lawton Audio cups while I was out there instead of ordering it online.

Dec 7, 2008 at 4:10 PM Post #212 of 312
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope that everyone is getting their audio related flotsam together for the Not So Silent Auction.

I have a mint condition Denon DCD 1500 CD player that I am willing to offer. It is a tank. I don't know if we can do this, but I would like to start the minimum bid at $50 because it is one of the first vintage 1984 CDP's and I am willing to give it away only if it is for some sizable proceeds to go towards the room or if it is surplus money, towards Head-Fi.
It has a built-in headphone amp with adjustable volume switch, so no pre is needed.

Dec 7, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #213 of 312
I see no reason why someone donating an item can't list a Reserve price. I know that I get a little pissed when an item doesn't bring anywhere near its intrinsic value.

The RESERVE can be listed on the Auction form.

Dec 7, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #214 of 312
Then so be it.

So it shall be written, so it shall be done.

Dec 7, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #215 of 312
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see no reason why someone donating an item can't list a Reserve price. I know that I get a little pissed when an item doesn't bring anywhere near its intrinsic value.

The RESERVE can be listed on the Auction form.

Are you going to make up a silent auction form or should I?

Speaking of "paperwork" does anyone want to make up name tags? I know, "we don't have to show you any stinking badges" but I could have some "Hello my name is..." and a Sharpie available.

Dec 7, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #216 of 312
I should be receiving, this week before the meet, 2 portable Xin Reference amps for us to taste and sniff.

One with a 12,000 uF Cap and one w/ the 22,000 uF Cap.

Let us see what all of the hub-bub is about. People who own them swear the are the greatest thing since automated swiss cheese hole makers (they actually used to make the holes by hand, you know
tongue.gif
).

Dec 8, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #217 of 312
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you going to make up a silent auction form or should I?

Speaking of "paperwork" does anyone want to make up name tags? I know, "we don't have to show you any stinking badges" but I could have some "Hello my name is..." and a Sharpie available.

When I run the Not So Silent Auction I take care of everything. I bring Forms, Pens, and a Big Stick with which to make people pay up.
ph34r.gif
wink.gif

Dec 8, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #218 of 312
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a mint condition Denon DCD 1500 CD player that I am willing to offer. It is a tank. I don't know if we can do this, but I would like to start the minimum bid at $50 because it is one of the first vintage 1984 CDP's and I am willing to give it away only if it is for some sizable proceeds to go towards the room or if it is surplus money, towards Head-Fi.
It has a built-in headphone amp with adjustable volume switch, so no pre is needed.

I had its smaller brother the DCD-1100 which croacked after 22+ years of service. Though of fixing it but bought an Arcam instead. Not so sure I did the right thing.
confused.gif
wink.gif

Dec 8, 2008 at 1:22 AM Post #219 of 312
If it is not too late, I would like to try to make the meet. If I am able to attend, I would bring another K1000, another RS-1 and a Cayin amp. The source would be a problem, however. I do have an ipod classic with lossless, but could use a line out cable to phono plugs.

Also, I am thinking hard about buying an inexpensive DAC. Thinking along the lines of Dhaolu or Valabs or something like that. I would love to hear something along those lines if possible. Plan to take the signal out of my Airport Express.

Thanks

Barry

Dec 8, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #220 of 312
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should be receiving, this week before the meet, 2 portable Xin Reference amps for us to taste and sniff.

One with a 12,000 uF Cap and one w/ the 22,000 uF Cap.

Let us see what all of the hub-bub is about. People who own them swear the are the greatest thing since automated swiss cheese hole makers (they actually used to make the holes by hand, you know
tongue.gif
).

I used to be a big fan of the Xin amps. The "original" super mini was one of my first headphone amps. I got tired of the endless revisions after a while. At one point Xin sent me a couple prototypes of the original Super Macro Reference amps. We auditioned it against the lastest RSA prototype at the time, which may have been the Hornet. Those who listened prefered the RSA offering at the time. It will be interesting to see how the Xin amps fare this time around.

Dec 8, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #221 of 312
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it is not too late, I would like to try to make the meet.

The more the merrier!

Dec 8, 2008 at 5:14 AM Post #222 of 312
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it is not too late, I would like to try to make the meet. If I am able to attend, I would bring another K1000, another RS-1 and a Cayin amp.

Its not too late until next Sunday, or we are obviously over the room-limit.

Dec 8, 2008 at 1:56 PM Post #223 of 312
Not pretty, but the Twisted Pear Buffalo will be making the trip to NYC.

106812045.jpg

I should have enough time before Saturday to get some balanced outputs wired up in case anyone wants to try it in a balanced rig.

Dec 8, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #224 of 312
It looks like Buffalo does contain 60% less fat than any amp made from a cow
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back