Official NY Meet Sat June 18
Jun 14, 2005 at 10:10 AM Post #271 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
Hi headfiers of NY, I hope I am invited to your meet, if I am, I will bring all my gear including a little surprise for Romanee to check it out "THE HORNET". If some one will be able to bring a turn table, SteveO, hint, I will be more than happy to bring the production phono pre-amp Emmeline XR-10B. Please let me know if some one has a good TT with a nice cartridge. There will be two Raptors head phone amps present for the first time in NY meet, I will bring many tubes for those who would like to do some tube rolling.
Thanks.
Ray Samuels

PS..I really would like to meet joelongwood, I will be looking for any one who looks like his avatar.

Soooo..... Ray..... You threw out the "Hornet"s stinger this weekend while I was blizted with work and offline!

Do you mean the .22 Hornet 40grain hot load varmint killer cartridge? The USS Hornet (at least 4 different US Naval Warships)? The Hornet Deer Whistle?

Of course you mean the F/A-18 Hornet attack fighter!

You've having one flown in to a nearby strip and you've arranged a personal flight for me!!! You are amazing.

fa18.jpg

I've also wondered what it would be like to fly in an SR-71 Blackbird or an F-117A Nighthawk!!! Sleak Beauties All.

Raptors - Hornets - Blackbirds - Stealth ... do we at least get a fly-by?

But seriously ... have you crammed as many bells, whistles, gauges and controls as an F/A-18 into a tiny package with your new "The Hornet"? ... or just the power and speed? Actually, the Hornet's panel looks really lean and compact, compared to the Blackbird's (just from superficial search ... I'm no expert...).
f-18-05.jpg

[size=small]Sounds like too much fun! Hope this is the 18-hour meet.[/size]

Peter
tongue.gif

Jun 14, 2005 at 10:23 AM Post #272 of 389
How about rays next amp being called the Joint strike fighter ; ).

a little fan duct pops open to cool itoff, and if someone misuses it, it launches amraam missles into the bad guys face haha.

Jun 14, 2005 at 12:54 PM Post #273 of 389
mjg...your avatar went from sir-laugh-a-lot to sir-pounce-a-lot!

Hey Romanee, can I fly that F/A18 with my private pilots licence, if it's not raining and the cloud cover is over 2000' ?

Jun 14, 2005 at 1:13 PM Post #274 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
How about rays next amp being called the Joint strike fighter ; ).

a little fan duct pops open to cool itoff, and if someone misuses it, it launches amraam missles into the bad guys face haha.

Hey mjg....
I had the privillage of working on the JSF for good 3 years during the developments of it's parts & electronics, specially the openning & closing of the big air intake pannel where a big fan is housed that allows the plane to land like a helicopter. I also worked on the after burner pannels that swift downword to direct the thrust so it will land vertical.
Ray Samuels

Jun 14, 2005 at 2:31 PM Post #275 of 389
Hiya guys,
I'm from India but currently in NJ for a business trip. Would like to attend the meet if there's enough room.
biggrin.gif

Will tug along my KGSS, HE-60 and Grover Silver Ref cables.

cheers
Rohit

Jun 14, 2005 at 2:42 PM Post #276 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawhit
Hiya guys,
I'm from India but currently in NJ for a business trip. Would like to attend the meet if there's enough room.
biggrin.gif

cheers
Rohit

Wow you brought that on a biz trip? That's dedication! Come on down, I'm sure there's plenty of room!

Jun 14, 2005 at 2:54 PM Post #277 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawhit

That's great because my HE60/HEV70 rig just died yesterday. And my computer the day before.
eek.gif
They were working, I walked away for a little, and were off when I returned. They didn't turn on again.
confused.gif

Jun 14, 2005 at 3:16 PM Post #278 of 389
Jahn dude, hope to see ya there.
Quote:

lan wrote
That's great because my HE60/HEV70 rig just died yesterday. And my computer the day before. They were working, I walked away for a little, and were off when I returned. They didn't turn on again.

Sorry to hear about your equipment man
frown.gif

May be you can get your HE-60s along to check if they're still workin fine. I have also brought the HEV-70 here so would be great to have another HE-60 at meet.

Jun 14, 2005 at 3:28 PM Post #279 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
That's great because my HE60/HEV70 rig just died yesterday. And my computer the day before.
eek.gif
They were working, I walked away for a little, and were off when I returned. They didn't turn on again.
confused.gif

lan, what the heck! and you are the power king too, it's not because of any nasty power surge or anything i bet - it must be just really bad timing that both the comp and the amp fizzled near the same time...i hope!

Jun 14, 2005 at 4:08 PM Post #280 of 389
I built a ¼” headphone plug to female Neutrik 4 pin connector (using Siltech wire of course). This will allow me to run my K1000’s from any ¼” jack equipped amplifier.

I also have and will bring my Siltech spade lugs to Neutrik 4 pin connector that allows the K1000's to be used with speaker amplifiers.

T-Minus 4 days and counting.

Jun 14, 2005 at 5:10 PM Post #281 of 389
This will be my first Head-Fi meet encounter. Looking forward to it--meeting some folks--hearing some exotic/not exotic gear...

Cheers,

Jun 14, 2005 at 7:27 PM Post #282 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
Soooo..... Ray..... You threw out the "Hornet"s stinger this weekend while I was blizted with work and offline!

Do you mean the .22 Hornet 40grain hot load varmint killer cartridge? The USS Hornet (at least 4 different US Naval Warships)? The Hornet Deer Whistle?

Of course you mean the F/A-18 Hornet attack fighter!

I had the pleasure of auditioning the Hornet the night before the Florida meet. You can think of it as a really small (I mean realy small) Raptor without the tubes sticking out. It sounds that good.

Jun 14, 2005 at 8:26 PM Post #283 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
mjg...your avatar went from sir-laugh-a-lot to sir-pounce-a-lot!

Hey Romanee, can I fly that F/A18 with my private pilots licence, if it's not raining and the cloud cover is over 2000' ?

I've got first dibs on the joystick [sic] (nyuk, nyuk, nyuk).
k1000smile.gif

Jun 14, 2005 at 8:33 PM Post #284 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
eek.gif
confused.gif

Hey... sorry I didn't reply to your PM ... saw it ridiculously late last nite/this a.m.. I've had a couple of Macs' power supplies die, as well a 21" monitor's PS. It's not a frequent occurrence, but not that uncommon. Could the wallwart have been stressed when the PC PS blew? If you recall, I had a defective wallwart that fried a portable amp not long ago. I wonder how good/bad QC is on those types of products?

Condolences!
frown.gif

Jun 14, 2005 at 9:11 PM Post #285 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
Hey... sorry I didn't reply to your PM ... saw it ridiculously late last nite/this a.m.. I've had a couple of Macs' power supplies die, as well a 21" monitor's PS. It's not a frequent occurrence, but not that uncommon. Could the wallwart have been stressed when the PC PS blew? If you recall, I had a defective wallwart that fried a portable amp not long ago. I wonder how good/bad QC is on those types of products?

Condolences!
frown.gif

*eyes his lan-modded Solo PSU warily*

just joking lan, i know it must have just been cruddy luck that the stuff blew on you
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back