Official NY Meet Sat June 18
Jun 17, 2005 at 4:15 PM Post #361 of 389
I would suggest that unless you have equipment to set up that getting there too much before 1:00 may be counterproductive. That's not to say that a couple of extra sets of hands might not be helpful, but I might be a little concerned about too many people desending on the place before the time we've actually reserved it. Of course, I defer to bozebuttons on this.

What are bozebuttons anyway?

Jun 17, 2005 at 4:25 PM Post #362 of 389
I was aiming for the 11:26, mainly because it's an express. I figured that either I could offer to help with setup or go find a bite of lunch to fill in the half hour before the 1 PM official opening. In any case, I'll plan to arrive at NYP around 11 and see if I can figure out who are the Head-Fiers (since I've not actually met any of you, yet). I'm the one with the beard and the Australian accent.

Jun 17, 2005 at 4:57 PM Post #363 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oski
According to bozebuttons:

So maybe the 11:36 train would be perfect. In which case maybe we can meet at 11:20 with ticket in hand. Maybe the big board close to the LIRR/Amtrak area?

that's cool with me, then we can meet at McDonalds down there at 10:30 instead if you want to get tix/eat a mcgriddle before we shove off.

Jun 17, 2005 at 6:52 PM Post #364 of 389
I've got a few changes in available gear:

I have not received the Ascent or Maxi-Moy amps from Shellbrook, so they're out.

I did not manage to get a pair of DT-880s (yet), so no show for those.

Waiting for confirmation, but I may bring a prototype of a new Portaphile V2-sq (V2 squared) -- which has 2 banks of DIP-switches for Class-A biasing, wide bandwidth, LED-off, Low/Hi-Gain (3/7) + DC jack on back panel (and better fit of 9V battery). Very audible improvements (more on that another time).

See y'all at NY-Penn LIRR big board!

Peter

Jun 17, 2005 at 9:23 PM Post #365 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
Just spoke to Highwaystar Trying to convince him to make the meet,I got a maybe. Guys show him how much he has been missed.

C'mon, Ken... Get yer multi-headphoned ass out there!!!
etysmile.gif

Jun 17, 2005 at 9:24 PM Post #366 of 389
Oh man, you guys aren't gonna have a portables mini-meet on the train are you?!

Hmm, have fun guys - its about a month too early for me (and two months for my gear...)

Best,

-Jason

Jun 17, 2005 at 10:13 PM Post #368 of 389
Starting time of the meet will be 1pm some of the manufacturers & member who are helping organize the meet) may be there a little earlier to setup no earlier then 12:30 we can't be there to early as this is a rented hall by the Hour.
We have the hall for 6 Hours so there will plenty of time to setup & listen to gear.
Also guys bring your own referance CDs/LPs that you are familiar with to check out all the gear.

Jun 17, 2005 at 11:32 PM Post #369 of 389
Bah, friend can't make it, so it's just me. Scratch the 595's off the list - but I'll bring my Porta Corda Mk II in addition to everything else for some amped portable comparisons
icon10.gif
Hopefully there will be a KGSS there to try my 404's with.

How's parking in the area?

Jun 17, 2005 at 11:45 PM Post #370 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
that's cool with me, then we can meet at McDonalds down there at 10:30 instead if you want to get tix/eat a mcgriddle before we shove off.

I will try and be there b/w 10:30 and 11:00. I'll grab my ticket and head into McDonald's for a breakfast snack and to look for the Head-Fi gang. I figure it shouldn't be too spot any of us, what with all the gear we'll probably be lugging around.

Jun 18, 2005 at 12:51 AM Post #371 of 389
ok folks i found some nice CDs to donate in addition to my prior list-

Book of Love - "Boy" CD Maxi-Single (Has some Peter Rauhofer mixes on there)

Jimmy Somerville - "Heartbeat" CD Maxi Single (Armand Van Helden Mixes)

Fischerspooner- Odyssey.

New Order - Power, Corruption and Lies.

New Order - Republic.

Each of the above for a starting bid of a buck. If some of these weren't duplicates I'd keep em!

Last call for changes to the spreadsheet is at 10pm, then I'm shutting it down for revisions and putting it up before i go to sleep, that way folks can print out a copy for themselves and know who to bug for what at the meet!

Jun 18, 2005 at 1:15 AM Post #372 of 389
Calling all Soldering Irons! When the Decware MLB headphone amp came from Steve Deckert earlier this week, it arrived with a hum. I swapped power cords, outlets, tubes, etc. to no avail. Steve gave me permission to open the bottom and take a look around. I found a transistor (or is it a cap, or a...?) or something that was only connected at one end, and I think I can see what it was attached to.

This may sound crazy, but I'd love to see if someone could help me make the repair tomorrow, so that everyone could hear this amp hum-free. (The MLB I had last year did not hum.) If any of you guys with a soldering iron could please brint it, along with a little solder, I think we can get this little guy back on his feet in no time.

Thank you in advance & see you all tomorrow.

-Dave

600smile.gif

Jun 18, 2005 at 1:24 AM Post #373 of 389
OH NO!

I was going thru my usual CD suspects to bring as reference CDs when I pulled out my trusty "High School Jazz Band Songs" which had some very clean Miles Davis tunes on it. The top is white with "High School Jazz Band Songs" on it, hard to miss. So obviously the CD that was in the case was NOT the right CD.

If you are the owner of the following album and was at Immtbiker's NYC winter meet, please bring your cd case, because it probably has my CD in it!

Tchaikovsky: Symphony No.6, Op.74 - "Pathetique" (Appropriately named for my gaffe) on EMI Classics, the Celibidache Munchner Philharmoniker.

Jun 18, 2005 at 2:26 AM Post #374 of 389
OK Folks, final update on the spreadsheet done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back