Official Nuforce Icon/Icon-2 Owners Appreciation Thread
Jan 22, 2012 at 9:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

MatsudaMan

aka JohannesBrahms, KittlesLittles, Bigglesworth.
Just wanted to send a shout-out to all my Nuforce Icon and Icon-2 owners out there.  How's it going guys?  Lovin' my Icon-2.   Don't be shy!  Chime in on what you like about your Nuforce rig...what speakers/headphones are you using, what you're listening to, any upgrades (cables, power supply, etc.)?  Let's get this party started!

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #2 of 9
Are there no owners here on Headfi?  

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #3 of 9
Well, since no one else is chiming in...I just downloaded Pure Music for my iMac with iTunes and I'm super excited at the upgrade in sound quality over regular iTunes.  The Pure Music with Nuforce Icon-2 through my Triangle Cometes is a pretty awesome combo.  For those looking for relatively high efficient speakers to pair with the low power Icon, you should definitely take a look at Triangles - really punchy yet smooth in the upper range, super easy to drive 91db efficiency.  I've also heard of people having success with the Paradigm Atoms and Audio Engine P5s.  Btw, the upgrade linear power supply made by Nuforce is pretty awesome.  Totally opens up the sound - everything is richer and fuller, punchier and more dynamic than without the PSU.   

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #4 of 9
This thread is bumpin'

Jan 25, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #5 of 9
What speakers y'all usin' with the icon?  I be usin' Triangles.  

Apr 30, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #6 of 9
really should be more owners here on headfi....really sad appreciation thread.  :frowning2:

May 2, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #7 of 9
Just hooked up a pair of Energy V-Mini's to the Icon2 and the sound is amazing - I have to say, even better than the Triangle/Nuforce combo.  So anyone thinking about getting the Icon2 should put Energy V-Mini's on their short list for speakers to pair it with.  Foshizzle.

May 2, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #8 of 9
This is the best thread ever...I'm super serial.

Jul 24, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #9 of 9
I think I'll give you some company in here MatsudaMan. I recently got the Icon2 + S-X + W-1 combo from NuForce. I intend to write a full review after I spend some more time with it. Just want to say though, this system is sounding fantastic. Really truly fantastic. I haven't had a chance to plug in any serious headphones yet, but I'm going to try running some of my orthos and sextett to see how well it powers them. 

Hmm, wonder if the LPS is worthwhile... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back