Official: New York Area Meet, Nov 20, White Plains, NY
Jan 27, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #122 of 146
In Chicago they don't let the hot dog water get as dirty as in NY, hence the name Dirty Water Dogs.  Nothing compared to a Chicago style hot dog to be sure, but the hot dog carts are ubiquitous in Manhattan.  Get it with mustard and onions.

Jan 29, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #124 of 146
No, I believe it is the same date that we had last year which would be Saturday, March 13th. I have to call, but those dates were reserved from last year's meet. If you guys think that's too early, I can see if I can get a Saturday in April since it won't interfere with this years National meet that might be held coinciding with RMAF in Colorado in October. The NYC National might be held here in 2012.
I will call the hotel manager now and see what is available in April.

Jan 31, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #125 of 146
Thanks, Aaron.  March 13th works fine for me and is not too early.

I can't do March 26th or the weekend after that (Montreal Show).

What date works best for everyone? 

Should we start a new thread?

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #127 of 146
last year was the day of the big storm. we still haven't totally recovered from the damage done to our home that day. if ny canjam is a no go (BUMMER!!!) then perhaps we could have it a bit later? i defer to y'all....

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #128 of 146
Jan 31, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #129 of 146
Quote:
Quote:
if ny canjam is a no go (BUMMER!!!)

Jude heard there weren't going to be any brownies.

biggrin.gif

i believe those can be arranged, with or without the help of ms mountainbiker
wink.gif

Jan 31, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #130 of 146
last year was the day of the big storm. we still haven't totally recovered from the damage done to our home that day. if ny canjam is a no go (BUMMER!!!) then perhaps we could have it a bit later? i defer to y'all....

A summer NY meet would be nice since CanJam isn't happening. March can still be cold. :p

I'll make my best effort to come whatever the day, but my chances are much higher memorial day weekend or later.

Jan 31, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #131 of 146
Summer meets always manage to be smaller turnouts. I can see if the have 2 rooms available in April or May, but do we really want to wait that long?

And to davederek, no soup, err, I mean brownies for you, and I'm telling Brownie Lady what you said. I will make sure to seat you between your wife and my wife at the restaurant.

Jan 31, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #132 of 146
I cant wait. I need my fix NOW!!!111

If any DIYers are interested I am thinking of running a $69 amplifier challenge as a friendly sort of competition.

I find it very rewarding to build small inexpensive amps. Building big expensive amps that sound OMG awesometoast is fun, but what did you really expect from such overkill? take this as a push to go off in a direction not many people do, and try something new. 

My initial ideas for the rules come from other similar challenges in speakerville:
The amp must be safe, the amp must be wall powered, the amp must not be a Cmoy or obvious variant of one, and you must provide a schematic freely to anyone who wants one. Ooh, you also have to do it for less than $69 for everything on the BOM with the exception of the enclosure which must come from IKEA.

There will be no prise (unless I can get someone to donate one) but we should judge eachothers amps on several aspects. 
Im thinking:
Sound Quality
Creativity in selection of enclosure

If anyone has ideas on this LMK.

Jan 31, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #133 of 146
Quote:
And to davederek, no soup, err, I mean brownies for you, and I'm telling Brownie Lady what you said. I will make sure to seat you between your wife and my wife at the restaurant.

i was trying to give Brownie Lady some freedom here by relieving her from any sense of obligation. otoh, if that's what it takes to get Jude on board then she should start baking now!
wink.gif

i'd be honored to sit between the two lovely ladies, although it will certainly inhibit headphone geek-speak
eek.gif

Jan 31, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #134 of 146
Id actually prefer the early March date - no reason to wait that I can see

I would vote no brownies, actually.  I had never realized they were such a time commitment and sleep sacrifice, and at this point I would feel way too guilty to ask for them :frowning2: 

Jan 31, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #135 of 146
The time commitment and sleep sacrifice is something (I know it sounds insane) that gives her a great deal of joy. Don't ask me why, she's just built like that. She was very upset with me when I told her not to make them because no one mentioned them in the impressions thread and I told her "why bother". But she she doesn't care about that like I do.
She's a saint. If more Head-Fier's were like her, this would be a great place once again, instead of all of this new found bickering and people thriving on the misery of others. We used to be a philanthropic site, now mob mentality takes over in certain threads and it's not as much fun as it use to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back