Official: New York Area Meet, Nov 20, White Plains, NY
Jan 31, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #136 of 146

Quote:
Id actually prefer the early March date - no reason to wait that I can see

I would vote no brownies, actually.  I had never realized they were such a time commitment and sleep sacrifice, and at this point I would feel way too guilty to ask for them :frowning2: 

I'm feeling guilty just for wanting them.

Quote:
The time commitment and sleep sacrifice is something (I know it sounds insane) that gives her a great deal of joy. Don't ask me why, she's just built like that. She was very upset with me when I told her not to make them because no one mentioned them in the impressions thread and I told her "why bother". But she she doesn't care about that like I do.
She's a saint. If more Head-Fier's were like her, this would be a great place once again, instead of all of this new found bickering and people thriving on the misery of others. We used to be a philanthropic site, now mob mentality takes over in certain threads and it's not as much fun as it use to be.

That's crazy that she sacrificed sleep, time, and money and got no compliments.  Or was it just so that those that had the honor of having a brownie did not want to rub it in the faces of those who could not partake.

If those brownies come in, I'm gonna need to come very early.  I foresee these legendary brownies disappearing quickly.

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #137 of 146

Quote:
I cant wait. I need my fix NOW!!!111

If any DIYers are interested I am thinking of running a $69 amplifier challenge as a friendly sort of competition.

I find it very rewarding to build small inexpensive amps. Building big expensive amps that sound OMG awesometoast is fun, but what did you really expect from such overkill? take this as a push to go off in a direction not many people do, and try something new. 

My initial ideas for the rules come from other similar challenges in speakerville:
The amp must be safe, the amp must be wall powered, the amp must not be a Cmoy or obvious variant of one, and you must provide a schematic freely to anyone who wants one. Ooh, you also have to do it for less than $69 for everything on the BOM with the exception of the enclosure which must come from IKEA.

There will be no prise (unless I can get someone to donate one) but we should judge eachothers amps on several aspects. 
Im thinking:
Sound Quality
Creativity in selection of enclosure

If anyone has ideas on this LMK.

This sounds awesome... Not sure I'll have the time I need, but I might just have to do something in LTSpice and then have it for the fall meet.  Great idea :D

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #138 of 146
I don't think I've ever had one of Brownie Lady's famous brownies. I can buy another plane ticket to NYC to eat one though.
smile.gif

Feb 1, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #141 of 146
Catering manager works Saturday and Sunday (duh!), so he's off Monday and Tuesday. I am waiting to ask him about April opportunities and then I'll start a Spring Meet thread.

Feb 1, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #142 of 146

Quote:
Any time for the meet is good with me, but just not between April 10 - 26.  I'll be traveling then.

We appreciate Telica with or without Brownies :)

im traveling march 5th-12th,any time after or before these dates are good with me!
and i just want to note that telica's brownies are delicious and to die for.
thank you telica
regular_smile .gif

Feb 1, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #143 of 146

Quote:
Quote:
Any time for the meet is good with me, but just not between April 10 - 26.  I'll be traveling then.

We appreciate Telica with or without Brownies :)

im traveling march 5th-12th,any time after or before these dates are good with me!
and i just want to note that telica's brownies are delicious and to die for.
thank you telica
regular_smile .gif

Are we still talking about actual Brownies? or is it some kind of a code?

Sorry Aaron, couldn't resist
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 2, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #144 of 146
The Saturday, March 12, would work much better for me, but I will go with what the majority wants. 

As for brownies, I never had one, and if I do, I will definitely show my appreciation. Headphones and brownies!
beerchug.gif

Feb 3, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #145 of 146
OK. I got the date wrong. I always try to get the meet near the weekend of the first day of spring (hence, the "Official NYC Annual Spring Meet").

Anyway the dates that I reserved last year for this year is the same weekend as last year's meet, which was around March 19th, not the 12th. Sorry about that. The only other date the manager has for me is April 23, which is the day before Easter. That's a visiting and traffic weekend, so no way.

I have the same 2 rooms as the last 2 years reserved for Saturday, March 19th. I will start a thread in the Meet Forum now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back