Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013 Warner Center Marriott, Woodland Hills
Jul 17, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #527 of 665
Not sure since this is my first audiophile meet as to what the **** i am supposed to be doing lol 
Do i bring my walkman and cans and just hang out? And can i plug my walkman into everyones amps/cans to try? i just dont wanna be rude! I wanna know the groundrules!

Jul 17, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #528 of 665
Quote:
My friend Gary and I will be there.  Thanks.

Russ

AWESOME Russ!!

Will be SO cool to have you there bro!

I'll be there w/ my buddies, and the ALO Studio Six, MYTEK STEREO192-DSD DAC, Audeze LCD3's, Sennheiser HD800's
and Grado SR2251's + al Nordost cabling and Quantum power!!

We're up North right now, but am coming back to LA tonight.

Gonna be SICK!!

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #531 of 665
Quote:
Not sure since this is my first audiophile meet as to what the **** i am supposed to be doing lol 
Do i bring my walkman and cans and just hang out? And can i plug my walkman into everyones amps/cans to try? i just dont wanna be rude! I wanna know the groundrules!

Plugging your walkman into the "big-boy" amps as a source may be too inconvenient. But most everyone will allow you to plug in your headphones. Key is just to ask. People are pretty chill and friendly.

Since there are a lot of newer folks showing up, I might reiterate the following:

The standard procedure is to turn down the volume pot, remove current headphone jack, plug in your headphones, and then turn up the volume. Basically always turn down volume before switching headphones.

Also make sure the headphones are plugged in properly (and everything else is working) while turning up the volume. One year, there was one guy who plugged in his headphone into the wrong amp, and kept turning up the volume on one of my headphones which was the one actually plugged in. A few guys noted this and screamed at him to stop.

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #532 of 665
Quote:

Plugging your walkman into the "big-boy" amps as a source may be too inconvenient. But most everyone will allow you to plug in your headphones. Key is just to ask. People are pretty chill and friendly.

Since there are a lot of newer folks showing up, I might reiterate the following:

The standard procedure is to turn down the volume pot, remove current headphone jack, plug in your headphones, and then turn up the volume. Basically always turn down volume before switching headphones.

Also make sure the headphones are plugged in properly (and everything else is working) while turning up the volume. One year, there was one guy who plugged in his headphone into the wrong amp, and kept turning up the volume on one of my headphones which was the one actually plugged in. A few guys noted this and screamed at him to stop.

Haha, should have been there!

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #533 of 665
Quote:

Thanks! as most of my stuff is pretty cheap, im looking to try out some of the portable amps and some of the higher end setups that i can dream about that night! i just love music and headphones so im amped to check all this out! as for the "big boy" amp statement...i assume you mean its just not worth it to use my little mp3 player on the bigger setups? im gonna feel pretty lame bringing my mdr vx100's and my phillips she3580 iems...but at least ill get to see if anything makes a difference! 

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #534 of 665
Haha, should have been there!

Well, I've seen stranger stuff like a Beyer? headphone launched 30ft across the room!

Quote:
Thanks! as most of my stuff is pretty cheap, im looking to try out some of the portable amps and some of the higher end setups that i can dream about that night! i just love music and headphones so im amped to check all this out! as for the "big boy" amp statement...i assume you mean its just not worth it to use my little mp3 player on the bigger setups? im gonna feel pretty lame bringing my mdr vx100's and my phillips she3580 iems...but at least ill get to see if anything makes a difference! 

Well, I think part of it is that it's a pain to unplug / plug in sources while other folks are waiting. The TOTL rigs tend to be popular. Don't worry about what you bring. I'm bringing stuff on behalf of Cavalli Audio, otherwise I would have walked in with nothing (or my Beats) and just enjoyed being in fancy toy store of sorts. If you are super curious, I'll let you plug in your mp3 player in the amp I'm bringing.

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #535 of 665
Quote:

Well, I've seen stranger stuff like a Beyer? headphone launched 30ft across the room!

Well, I think part of it is that it's a pain to unplug / plug in sources while other folks are waiting. The TOTL rigs tend to be popular. Don't worry about what you bring. I'm bringing stuff on behalf of Cavalli Audio, otherwise I would have walked in with nothing (or my Beats) and just enjoyed being in fancy toy store of sorts. If you are super curious, I'll let you plug in your mp3 player in the amp I'm bringing.

Cool , thanks alot ..The fancy toy store comment is right on..Thats how im feeling ! I'll look out for your name tag and introduce myself! 

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #536 of 665
We like to bring a Pure i20 dock so iPhone/iPod users can listen to their own source material on our rigs. Much easier and higher quality than a Walkman...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jul 17, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #537 of 665
Quote:

can i plug in my old motorolla phone with ringtones in your amp? :xf_eek:

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #538 of 665
Quote:
We like to bring a Pure i20 dock so iPhone/iPod users can listen to their own source material on our rigs. Much easier and higher quality than a Walkman...

Maybe easier, But not everyone owns a ipod or iphone? And sound quality should be similar i would say ! Guess we will see! Kinda seems like a shot at my walkman comments?

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #539 of 665
So I guess I will be taking fatman place at the show.  I appreciate him giving me his tickets.  Now only to decide which gears to bring with me?  HD800 or LCD2

Jul 17, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #540 of 665
Quote:

Yeah I think I'm going to bring the Wadia dock, or perhaps the Algo Solo for that.
I got this killer YBA ipod/iPhone dock but the damn thing only has USB and analog out
(no coax)

My Wadia dock is the older model (doesn't support iPhone).
Just bring the Cypher Labs Algo Solo you think??

and I regret not getting to hear your cans at The Headphonium (and I should've had
you there at your own table - I'm so sorry about that).  I hear amazing things and
I'm pumped to hear them on the ALO Studio Six! I'm bringin' that badboy and maybe
my E.A.R HP4 (my current reference)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back