Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013 Warner Center Marriott, Woodland Hills
Jun 15, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #256 of 665
Quote:
Quote:

If you had to, I'd say maybe leave the D2000 back (just because it's out of production).  Then again, if you've got some crazy ass mods that make it sound amazing...

Nope, stock.  All my stuff is stock. I haven't really gotten into the modding game.  (Yet.)

Neither have I.  It sounds fascinating, but my gear looks at me as if to say "don't you love me anymore?"

Quote:
I kept them for a long time actually as a top of the kitchen shelves decoration but they weren't salvageable after the house fire... I don't keep much of anything anymore... very spartan existence over here these days.

Hey, traveling light is a good way to go these days... as long you got your gear and your wits about you.

Quote:
We're now at over 60 member attendees plus 11 vendors!! If anyone is still on the fence but planning to come to the meet, PLEASE respond in the thread. Tickets can be purchased up until and on the day of the meet! 

BUT, you only get a cool name badge if you respond early.  If you're just gonna show up on the day of without warning, Ima slap a "Hello, my name is..." on your forehead.

Jun 15, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #257 of 665
Quote:
Count me as one of them.  I'm an HD650 lover and figured to pick up a DT880 600 Ohm as another flavor.  There are certainly things that I like more with the DT880, but I prefer the HD650 overall.  I appreciate that the DT880 is more neutral overall (case in point -- I *love* my UERMs), but the extra treble "sparkle" ... while I like the detail it brings, I don't like the fatigue than can go with it.  It just sounds a bit cold from neutral, and I'd prefer straight neutral or slightly warm of neutral.

I'm still debating what I want to bring down to the meet.  The full haul would be the Burson Soloist, Bottlehead Crack+Speedball, HRT Musicstreamer II and II+, Sennheiser HD650, Beyerdynamic DT880-600, Beyerdynamic DT770-80 and Denon AH-D2000 ... but I may leave some of that back.

Wow you have a Bottlehead Crack and Burson Soloist :O I really want to come test out my DT880s and compare between them and my Schiit Asgard 2 + Bifrost stack. I've heard the Bottlehead Crack is the tube amp to get for Beyers and Sennheisers.

Jun 16, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #258 of 665
Quote:
Wow you have a Bottlehead Crack and Burson Soloist :O I really want to come test out my DT880s and compare between them and my Schiit Asgard 2 + Bifrost stack. I've heard the Bottlehead Crack is the tube amp to get for Beyers and Sennheisers.

And I want to hear the DT880-250 as opposed to my DT880-600 and compare the HRT Musicstreamer II+ with the Schiit Bifrost... so it sounds like we can have a little gear party going.

Jun 16, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #259 of 665
Ok. Call me a noob, but what does one do at one of these meets?
Do you bring your own cans, and plug into as many amps as you can stand?
Or do you hope that someone will provide cans for you to drool on?
And do you recommend wearing protection?
Do you bring checkbooks? Credit cards?
Or do you leave your wallet at home, in the (perhaps false) hope that doing so will prevent you from dropping cubic dollars?
Do you bring a glass in case you find the hidden bottle of whisky?
Or do you folks call it whiskey?
Do you watch video's of funny cats while listening to music?
Do you speak in Gaelic and think up funny names for amplifiers?
Do you have a race to see who is fastest at building a Bottlehead Crack before the meet ends?
Are there recliners?
And how about cigars? To go with the whisky, of course?
Can I bring my own whisky? Rye?

Thank you kindly for your thoughts.

Jun 16, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #260 of 665
Quote:
And I want to hear the DT880-250 as opposed to my DT880-600 and compare the HRT Musicstreamer II+ with the Schiit Bifrost... so it sounds like we can have a little gear party going.

Likewise I'd love to hear the Bottlehead Crack paired up with the Bifrost as well. I'm about to get my DT880s back from BTG audio in a week or so. I had a dual entry cable modification(hard wired) with 8 strand SPC 99.997% OFC and a Furutech 1/4'' jack mostly for aesthetics but I'm sure I will notice a change in the overall sound.

This is going to be a very exciting meet! I will for sure be there, I recently had a debate in my mind whether I should see Atmosphere and Slightly Stoopid July 20th in San Diego or travel up to LA. I am not going to miss out this opportunity though because head-fi meets don't usually land in San Diego.

Jun 17, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #263 of 665
Quote:

Just meeting and chatting with a group people that share similar interests is a valid enough reason to come, right?

Jun 17, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #265 of 665
Quote:
Do you bring your own cans, and plug into as many amps as you can stand?
Or do you hope that someone will provide cans for you to drool on?
And do you recommend wearing protection?
Do you bring checkbooks? Credit cards?
Or do you leave your wallet at home, in the (perhaps false) hope that doing so will prevent you from dropping cubic dollars?
Do you bring a glass in case you find the hidden bottle of whisky?
Or do you folks call it whiskey?
Do you watch video's of funny cats while listening to music?
Do you speak in Gaelic and think up funny names for amplifiers?
Do you have a race to see who is fastest at building a Bottlehead Crack before the meet ends?
Are there recliners?
And how about cigars? To go with the whisky, of course?

I'll drink some Whisky with ya bud 
beerchug.gif
 Im in woodland hills and its my first meet !
Quote:
We're now at over 60 member attendees plus 11 vendors!! If anyone is still on the fence but planning to come to the meet, PLEASE respond in the thread. Tickets can be purchased up until and on the day of the meet! 

I will attend ! not sure if ill buy a ticket before or just drop a twenny at the door! 

Jun 17, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #266 of 665
My DIY is awaiting replacement 300B's  When those arrive it's make or break.

Thus, it'll be either A or A&B
A) Schiit Lyr, Schiit Bifrost SPDIF/ Toslink (uber), LCD2 Rev2's
MacBook Pro retina.

B) Christiansen DG 300B, Schiit Bifrost SPDIF / Toslink, LCD2 Rev1's
Mac Mini control via "Remote" app.

A question:
I'd like for folks to plug in their own source but I only have SPDIF, and unless someone is walking around with a Mac that won't be useful.
Is it worth it for me to order the USB option from Schiit?
Stated another way, will folks be walking around with USB source music?

Jun 17, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #267 of 665
Speaking of Single-malt glasses.  I'm thinking I might etch a small batch of glasses with a headphone image to sell at the meet.  Anyone interested?  
I'll post a pic once I get a prototype done 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #268 of 665
Quote:
Speaking of Single-malt glasses.  I'm thinking I might etch a small batch of glasses with a headphone image to sell at the meet.  Anyone interested?  
I'll post a pic once I get a prototype done 
bigsmile_face.gif

***I have no idea if what I'm asking even matters, so that's why I'm mentioning it.

Are there any permits/licenses needed to do that at the meet? (not that any form of authority is actually going to check up on the meet)

Jun 17, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #269 of 665
Quote:
My DIY is awaiting replacement 300B's  When those arrive it's make or break.

Thus, it'll be either A or A&B
A) Schiit Lyr, Schiit Bifrost SPDIF/ Toslink (uber), LCD2 Rev2's
MacBook Pro retina.

B) Christiansen DG 300B, Schiit Bifrost SPDIF / Toslink, LCD2 Rev1's
Mac Mini control via "Remote" app.

A question:
I'd like for folks to plug in their own source but I only have SPDIF, and unless someone is walking around with a Mac that won't be useful.
Is it worth it for me to order the USB option from Schiit?
Stated another way, will folks be walking around with USB source music?

Well I am going to be walking around with a MacBook Pro and as I have never used it with the optical out I am interested in hearing it that way. USB seems to be the norm these days, but I would say the buying the upgrade card just for the meet while being extremely nice of you is maybe overkill!

Jun 17, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #270 of 665
I have an extra USB to SPDIF converter I would be happy to loan you, but users might have to install drivers to make it work. Let me know if you want me to bring it...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back