Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013 Warner Center Marriott, Woodland Hills
May 23, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #121 of 665
Quote:
I posted what gear I will bring in my post above, it is limited but someone might want to try it. I will also be at T.H.E Show on Saturday.

Me too.  Are you going to the headphone panel discussion?

May 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #122 of 665
Lol, we should wear head-fi t-shirts or something. Or at least put our head-fi names on nametags. I will make sure to be there for the panel discussion. Back to our July 20 event, 4th room is booked! So there will be one large room (which is really 3 rooms with the dividers taken out), and another 3 rooms. I'll be getting in to the rooms over the next week or 2 to take pictures and post them up.

May 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #123 of 665
Quote:

I will also be sure to be there for the panel discussion!  Wait, there are head-fi t-shirts?!!!  I am really looking forward to the meet in July, I think I might put off any purchases until after I get a chance to hear a few different things!  Except for maybe those Mad Dogs that keep tempting me...

May 24, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #124 of 665
Quote:
Lol, we should wear head-fi t-shirts or something. Or at least put our head-fi names on nametags. I will make sure to be there for the panel discussion. Back to our July 20 event, 4th room is booked! So there will be one large room (which is really 3 rooms with the dividers taken out), and another 3 rooms. I'll be getting in to the rooms over the next week or 2 to take pictures and post them up.

I'd love a shirt too!
I've been doin' my best to bang the drum for Jude and Head-Fi all over, at every audio website I write for, and, most importantly,
music sites like The Daily Swarm - to get even more people involved!

Will be great to have you guys at the panel.

I'm looking forward to your meet as usual.
I didn't know about it last year as I was out of town, but Jude called me, and I met him there.
I had alot of fun - and looking forward to it again.

May 24, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #125 of 665
Quote:

Woo hoo!  And I think that they'll fill too.  There always seems to be a crazy rush at the last minute... as if this thread didn't exist all this time.  Never understood that...

Also, as far as identification goes, I'm actually working on that right now.  I'll post an update this afternoon...

Quote:
Quote:

I will also be sure to be there for the panel discussion!  Wait, there are head-fi t-shirts?!!!  I am really looking forward to the meet in July, I think I might put off any purchases until after I get a chance to hear a few different things!  Except for maybe those Mad Dogs that keep tempting me...

Looks like a lot of us Head-Fiers will be there for that... all the better!

As for Head-Fi T-shirts:  http://www.amazon.com/Head-Fi-Tokyo-t-shirt-T-Shirt-CafePress/dp/B006O0YK0G/

moreserotonin, is this going to be your first meet?

May 24, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #126 of 665
Yes first meet... I am new to the whole high end personal audio thing. Enjoying myself immensely with my lower end gear and can't wait to be able to see and hear some of the things I have been reading about.

May 24, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #127 of 665
Quote:
Yes first meet... I am new to the whole high end personal audio thing. Enjoying myself immensely with my lower end gear and can't wait to be able to see and hear some of the things I have been reading about.

Oh man... you are gonna LOVE this then.  Srsly, you're gonna walk in there and have no idea what you want to hear first... and then you start meeting people... and then it's lunch... then you come back and listen some more.  Before you know it, it's all over and you've only listened to a quarter of what's there (and that's if your lucky).  Then you'll come home and go into the impressions thread for the meet and be all like "I love you guys, you're my new best friends!"

Anyway, my point is, it's gonna be fun! 
smile.gif

May 24, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #128 of 665
Quote:

Woo hoo!  And I think that they'll fill too.  There always seems to be a crazy rush at the last minute... as if this thread didn't exist all this time.  Never understood that...

Also, as far as identification goes, I'm actually working on that right now.  I'll post an update this afternoon...

Looks like a lot of us Head-Fiers will be there for that... all the better!

As for Head-Fi T-shirts:  http://www.amazon.com/Head-Fi-Tokyo-t-shirt-T-Shirt-CafePress/dp/B006O0YK0G/

moreserotonin, is this going to be your first meet?

I'm psyched to have alot of Head-Diers in the house for the panel!

I'll definitely give you all props while I'm up there!!  NO JOKE
As I'm indebted to this community.

After 20 years in high end audio, being the young guy in an old mans industry, 
I feel like I'm a part of a community of like-minded people, who are all in this
to connect to the music and educate and lift each other up.

Not tear each other down..

I have Jude to thank for that,
and for being such a good man and a good friend.

May 24, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #129 of 665
Quote:

Oh man... you are gonna LOVE this then.  Srsly, you're gonna walk in there and have no idea what you want to hear first... and then you start meeting people... and then it's lunch... then you come back and listen some more.  Before you know it, it's all over and you've only listened to a quarter of what's there (and that's if your lucky).  Then you'll come home and go into the impressions thread for the meet and be all like "I love you guys, you're my new best friends!"

Anyway, my point is, it's gonna be fun! 
smile.gif

:) :) I am definitely looking forward to it!  I already am at a loss to what I want to hear first and that is just from reading the list!!! 

May 24, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #130 of 665
May 25, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #134 of 665
Quote:
Quote:
Awesome!!! I'm teaching that sign to my kids!!!

I was joking about all of us standing up at the same time and flashing the sign
during the headphone panel at T.H.E. Show - Pink Floyd The Wall-style!

Aww see, you gotta tell us that ahead of time... we play with live ammo around here! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back