Official Head-Fi Houston Summer Kick-Off Meet: Saturday - May 20th, 2017 @ Jungman Library
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #17 of 98
Or there going to be any Vendor samples at this meet?

I think I can get the Ether ES Prototype again. I guess this is why I posted three months ahead, so that you guys can get a heads up on asking vendors for demo equipment. If you want, you can ask the vendors if they can visit our meet, though I can only reserve on or two tables for them, and I will only admit one vendor to show up, as this meeting room is smaller (2/3 of the last meeting room, according to max. capacity ratings).

I think this is also a time to tell you guys that if you want a CanJam in Houston, ask Ethan about it, or third_eye.

Mar 1, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #18 of 98
I think I can get the Ether ES Prototype again. I guess this is why I posted three months ahead, so that you guys can get a heads up on asking vendors for demo equipment. If you want, you can ask the vendors if they can visit our meet, though I can only reserve on or two tables for them, and I will only admit one vendor to show up, as this meeting room is smaller (2/3 of the last meeting room, according to max. capacity ratings).

I think this is also a time to tell you guys that if you want a CanJam in Houston, ask Ethan about it, or @third_eye.

I think you should ask for the Aeon instead of the Ether ES.  Also the Spark from our neighbor Cavalli.  

Mar 1, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #19 of 98
I think you should ask for the Aeon instead of the Ether ES.  Also the Spark from our neighbor Cavalli.  

I will see about the aeon, and I will need a consensus for the Cavalli Spark. Personally, I preferred the Carbon over the Spark, but the Carbon is no longer in production. Really, you need a treble-soft over-ear/on-ear/in-ear/earbud to match perfectly with the Cavalli Spark.

Mar 2, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #21 of 98
Worth on the street is that the Carbon sounds like poop.  It's listed as full discreet, but yet has opamps in it.  False advertising and way overpriced at 800 bucks.  That power supply is just sad man.

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #22 of 98
Worth on the street is that the Carbon sounds like poop.  It's listed as full discreet, but yet has opamps in it.  False advertising and way overpriced at 800 bucks.  That power supply is just sad man.

For what it's "worth" on the street? :cool:

I only made a comparison between the Cavalli Carbon and the Cavalli Spark. The Carbon was not on my recommended list, though I did find it very intriguing.

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #24 of 98
Too bad about that Hair gel rule...

I guess I'll have to wear a hat.lol

I'll be bringing 

Schiit jotunhiem + Modified/balanced Fostex T50mk3's
hooked up to a Macbook.

And also a Chord mojo and maybe.. Mr speaker Aeon!

Mar 3, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #25 of 98

I'll be bringing 

hooked up to a Macbook.

Had to wear a hat last year. Always wear gel :/

Mar 3, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #26 of 98

PM sent.

I'll be bringing 

hooked up to a Macbook.

Info added and PM sent.

Had to wear a hat last year. Always wear gel :/

This was you last year, right? :p

Oh yeah, if people have nice cameras, bring those as well, because our meeting room will look nice...or stylish at least. Plus, the Beck's Prime outdoor patio next to the meeting room, too. :cool:

Mar 5, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #27 of 98
I would like to attend again, last year was my first headphone meet. I will have the following:

Source 1:
  1. Laptop running Foobar2K with FLAC music library
  2. Schiit Audio Bifrost 4490 DAC
  3. Meier Audio Corda JAZZ-ff headphone amp

Source 2:
  1. Samsung Tablet running USB Audio Player Pro with FLAC music library
  2. Audioquest DragonFly Red USB headphone DAC/amp

Headphones:
  1. Fostex TH-X00 Purpleheart (with stock and alternate pads)
  2. Philips SHP9500, modded (Shure 1840 pads, customized MrSpeakers leather strap for TX0RP series Fostex, blacked out grilles)

May also have a pair of the Audio Technica ATH-A1000Z by that time, if so I would bring them unless someone else has them.

Mar 5, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #28 of 98
I would like to attend again, last year was my first headphone meet. I will have the following:

Source 1:
  • Laptop running Foobar2K with FLAC music library
  • Schiit Audio Bifrost 4490 DAC
  • Meier Audio Corda JAZZ-ff headphone amp

Source 2:
  • Samsung Tablet running USB Audio Player Pro with FLAC music library
  • Audioquest DragonFly Red USB headphone DAC/amp

Headphones:
  • Fostex TH-X00 Purpleheart (with stock and alternate pads)
  • Philips SHP9500, modded (Shure 1840 pads, customized MrSpeakers leather strap for TX0RP series Fostex, blacked out grilles)

May also have a pair of the Audio Technica ATH-A1000Z by that time, if so I would bring them unless someone else has them.

Be sure to bring the camera again. I want some good shots of me ; )

Mar 6, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #30 of 98
I'll bring my camera this time around.  And I really want to listen to that TH-X00 purpleheart and dragonfly red.

BTW, I'll will also have the Burson Cable+.  

Burson Cable+ added to the list. For you and VRacer-111, make sure you have lenses for outdoor shots as well. We will be using the outdoor patio behind Beck's Prime. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back