Head-Fi Houston Fall Meet: Saturday - October 20th, 2018 @ Looscan Library
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #32 of 57
I am bringing my SU-1 so you can hook your MSB up to that. Also if you don’t bring your KGSS please still bring your 007’s. I’d like to hear them out of my GG.

Edit: scratch that. I forgot the SU-1 doesn’t have a toslink out.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #33 of 57
I am bringing my SU-1 so you can hook your MSB up to that. Also if you don’t bring your KGSS please still bring your 007’s. I’d like to hear them out of my GG.

I should have stipulated that I've been going macbook > su-1 > MSB through AES. I don't mind bringing my stuff to try out (especially considering that I'm going to have to save up to get both of these devices shipped and repaired :relaxed:), but of course it's just an issue of you guys dealing with those problems. The real irony is that this is the first time I've left the MSB on for more than a day (because energy bills) prior to listening, and holy hell the timbre is outstanding. Group troubleshooting, sounds like a blast! :beyersmile:

Oct 14, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #35 of 57
I should have stipulated that I've been going macbook > su-1 > MSB through AES. I don't mind bringing my stuff to try out (especially considering that I'm going to have to save up to get both of these devices shipped and repaired :relaxed:), but of course it's just an issue of you guys dealing with those problems. The real irony is that this is the first time I've left the MSB on for more than a day (because energy bills) prior to listening, and holy hell the timbre is outstanding. Group troubleshooting, sounds like a blast! :beyersmile:

Bills be damned, my DAC stays lit 24/7 :)

Oct 14, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #36 of 57
Bills be damned, my DAC stays lit 24/7 :)
:laughing: likewise though, I've been dying to compare the 007 to the l700 since I first looked at their design (SPC cabling AND 009 membrane wut?!), plus I've heard good things about the GG and I'd love to hear that too.

Then of course, MSB vs Yggy is bound to be a great time. I'm ready to have my heart pulverized by the thick iron fists of Mike Moffat.

Oct 14, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #37 of 57
:laughing: likewise though, I've been dying to compare the 007 to the l700 since I first looked at their design (SPC cabling AND 009 membrane wut?!), plus I've heard good things about the GG and I'd love to hear that too.

Then of course, MSB vs Yggy is bound to be a great time. I'm ready to have my heart pulverized by the thick iron fists of Mike Moffat.

It’s going to be a solid battle!

Oct 15, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #38 of 57
I haz non-conventional STAX system as well... :relaxed:

Alan has not really correctly listed my STAX setup as "Furman M-8X AR, TASCAM MH-8 headphone amp, STAX SR-L300, Schiit Loki...etc..." when this is what my STAX setup is (old configuration picture though...):

i-RBJp6zb-X3.jpg

i-P2H7hqS-X3.jpg

Modded STAX L300 Limited 80th Anniversary - L700 headband arc and pads
Mjolnir Audio SRD-7 electrostatic transformer
NAD C275BEE stereo amp
RME ADI-2 DAC
Laptop for digital media via local FLAC library
OPPO BDP-93 for optical media (SACD, DVD-A, Blu-ray)
22" ASUS monitor on a swing arm

The Furman M-8X AR and TASCAM MH-8 are correct...

Oct 15, 2018 at 4:11 AM Post #39 of 57
I haz non-conventional STAX system as well... :relaxed:

Alan has not really correctly listed my STAX setup as "Furman M-8X AR, TASCAM MH-8 headphone amp, STAX SR-L300, Schiit Loki...etc..." when this is what my STAX setup is (old configuration picture though...):

i-RBJp6zb-X3.jpg

i-P2H7hqS-X3.jpg

Modded STAX L300 Limited 80th Anniversary - L700 headband arc and pads
Mjolnir Audio SRD-7 electrostatic transformer
NAD C275BEE stereo amp
RME ADI-2 DAC
Laptop for digital media via local FLAC library
OPPO BDP-93 for optical media (SACD, DVD-A, Blu-ray)
22" ASUS monitor on a swing arm

The Furman M-8X AR and TASCAM MH-8 are correct...

Excellent, looking forward to hearing the L300LE again. I’ve never heard the SRD-7 in action so that will be a first for me.

Oct 19, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #43 of 57
I wish all of you a good time but have to withdraw from my displaying on Saturday. You may have have heard that we are having some flooding here Austin, I live on Lake Travis and we passed the 703 flood stage early this morning, the road to the house will be underwater this evening and there is water flowing in the lower shop and studio now.

What will miss is that I won't be bringing my new Black DAC to go along the my records, turntable, Black Swan preamp and Black Amp headphone magnifier, an lightening to other offerings, What I will miss is showing you my prototype Concept Amplifier with over 600 output transistors, Class-A, no feedback, current mode gain, and no change in distortion with frequency performance. By next year I will be producing a 100-watt per channel version and there will be no 'saw it first" thrill. It is the Black Amp scaled up from headphone to loudspeakers, especially planars.

Check with Karthick at Audeze and his new stuff and say hello for me. I will miss chatting with him.

See you next year

Barry Thornton
AustinAudioWorks.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back