Official: Grado / Alessandro Liberators [CARBON FIBER] PRICING ANNOUNCED!!!
Jun 8, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #76 of 242

Quote:
The original Liberators were longer. You could slide them over the cups and secure them to the headband iirc. It's hard to describe it. Try to find a picture of them; it will become clear then. :wink:

Are you sure you sure that they are the liberators, I may be confused but I think you mean these:

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #79 of 242
Here is a picture:

I don´t know how they would attach to wooden Grados though. Bigger cups could also be a problem. It´s hard to write about it when you don´t have them...

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #80 of 242
Ah gotcha, I was reading that the wider distancers (about 41mm as opposed to 40mm in radius) didn't have as good of a sound (this could be due to the outward expansion of the waves causing reflections and possibly diffractions in the distancer) and the felt helped fix this (possibly by absorbing stray waves), but like you said, without an actual pair, its hard to write about

Jun 8, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #82 of 242
I'm going to hijack my own thread just just shooting ideas...

Who is in favor for cheaper Grado Bowls / Grado Bagels?

I have any idea.. again.. =) i'd love some feedback =)

Jun 9, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #84 of 242
Who isn't interested in them. :wink: They would be a hella work as they consist of multiple types of foam. They're so expensive for a reason.

Jun 13, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #87 of 242
would these fit the HF-2s? I don't know if the metal cups are machined to the same measurements as the poly ones...

Jun 14, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #89 of 242

Quote:
would these fit the HF-2s? I don't know if the metal cups are machined to the same measurements as the poly ones...

I was looking through the headphile website earlier today, just curious about some of the mods that I've seen mentioned on head-fi. I noticed that when listing models for the C-pad variations, it is mentioned that they will not fit either the HF-2 or the PS-1000. This would seem to indicate that they have a somewhat different build than other Grado/Alessandro headphones, but still certainly worth some experimentation with the liberators.

Jun 14, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #90 of 242
i, too, am interested in these for the hf-2.  imo, the hf-2 suffer from 2 serious deficiencies:
1. comfort - the standard l-cush pads feel like sandpaper against the ears (fixed - g-cush pads arriving in 3 wks);
2. soundstage - the drummer, vocalist, guitarist, organist, chorus... all stuffed into vw beetle.
otherwise, they sound great.

i'm in edmonton. if u need additional beta tester for hf-2, pls count me in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back