Official: Grado / Alessandro Liberators [CARBON FIBER] PRICING ANNOUNCED!!!
Aug 31, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #196 of 242
Hi guys, i am quite new here however after much research and excessive thought I am taking the plunge and making the MS1 my first set of top quality headphones (everything I read says they are spot on for my love of rock). That said, having found these mod threads I am very keen to try this out and would be interested in the CF liberators when they are available for purchase.

Thanks,

Mark

Aug 31, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #197 of 242

Thanks Bish1979

We'll keep your informed when the come out..

The production batch is being made right now... =)
Quote:
Hi guys, i am quite new here however after much research and excessive thought I am taking the plunge and making the MS1 my first set of top quality headphones (everything I read says they are spot on for my love of rock). That said, having found these mod threads I am very keen to try this out and would be interested in the CF liberators when they are available for purchase.

Thanks,

Mark

Sep 3, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #208 of 242
i'm waiting by the door & my camera's ready ... but no delivery yet ...  
popcorn.gif

and many thnx for including me in the beta ... 
beerchug.gif

don

Quote:
Hello Beta Testers any one got any pictures to post for the reviews?

Thanks.

Sep 8, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #209 of 242
cerebrous:  ... the postwoman cometh today with 2 'ebony' rings, but alas, no felt in this package...

i have felt, but for loudspeaker cabinets... way too thick for this application.  will search the fabric store tomorrow if i have time.
pix soon...

thnx,
don

Sep 9, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #210 of 242
i noticed that the flanges of the liberators are asymmetrically mounted onto the "barrel"; that is to say, one section of the flange meets up nearly flush with the barrel end but the rest of the flange is noticeably below the end elsewhere (i hope i'm making sense). if this has been discussed previously, my bad ... & pls point me to the appropriate post.  i don't know if this is by design or if it even makes any significant difference in the fitting of the cushions.

and speaking about the cushions, mine are considerably asymmetric (L =/= R) as if they were improperly compressed after molding... iirc, this is a signature 'feature' on the hf-2.  thnk god my g-cush are perfect.
more to come after hf-2 burn-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back