++ Official Game 7 Results Thread ++
Oct 15, 2003 at 11:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

SBomm

500+ Head-Fier
No Spoilers.
Please don't start any threads like:
"Yeah, Cubs win 4-1"
Discuss the results inside the thread.
Not everyone gets to watch or listen to the game live.
I'm taping it and trying to avoid the results all night.

Oct 16, 2003 at 12:38 AM Post #2 of 8
My advice: stay away from head-fi unti AFTER you watch the game. There are a lot of cubs fans here who will be too excited to contain themselves if they win. Come back and post and read the new posts tomorrow or some time after you have watched the game for yourself.

Oct 16, 2003 at 12:42 AM Post #3 of 8
Come on, Head-Fi is not a sports site and I'm only asking that the results are not in the Titles. Feel free express your emotions inside a thread that doesn't give away the results without looking inside.

Oct 17, 2003 at 4:32 AM Post #5 of 8
Status quo.
5-6 in way too many albeit awesome innings.
If you are still talking Cubs/Marlins, well, that went way south, too.

Frig.

Oct 17, 2003 at 6:24 AM Post #6 of 8
To all Sox fans:

Found this on a baseball forum. Written by a Sox fan and pretty well done IMHO.

Quote:

The Day The Pennant Died...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A long, long time ago I can still remember how those Red Sox used to make me smile. And I knew if they had one more chance that they could make us people dance and maybe we'd be happy for awhile. But October made me shiver with every paper I delivered, bad news on the door step, I couldn't take one more step. I can't remember if I cried when I read about how hard they tried but something touched me deep inside the day the pennant died.

So...bye, bye to our World Series try. Drove my Chevy down to Fenway but Fenway was dry. And them good ol boys were drinking whiskey and rye, singin this will be the day that I die, this will be the day that I die.

Did you read about Bambinos curse and do you have faith in our reverse, the Red Sox Nation tells you so. And do you believe in Pesky's Pole can the Red Sox save our mortal soul. Can you teach me how to knuckleball real slow? Well I know that your'e in love like me cause I saw you praying with much truse as you dropped down to your knees, and spoke up to the Green. I was a lonely fellow bronkin buck with a cowboy hat and a Red Sox cup but I knew I was out of luck the day the Pennant...died.

bye, bye to our World Series try. Drove my Chevy down to Fenway but Fenway was dry. And them good ol boys were drinking whiskey and rye, singin this will be the day that I die, this will be the day that I die.

Now for eighty-five years weve been on our own and moss grows fat on a 1918 stone. But thats just how it seems to be. When "No No Nanette" sang for the Boston crowd with a sale Frazee got from New York, and a Babe that scarred both you and me. Oh and while Buckner was looking down, the baseball roled through with a frown, and with the pennant was adjourned, nobody returned. And while we rode the arm of Torrez, Bucky F'n Dent took him past the fence. And we drank sorrows in the dark the day the pennant died. We were singing...

bye, bye to our World Series try. Drove my Chevy down to Fenway but Fenway was dry. And them good ol boys were drinking whiskey and rye, singin this will be the day that I die, this will be the day that I die.

Helter skelter in October swelter the birds flew off with a fallout shelter thirty-seven feet high and fallin fast, its the land thats filled with gasps, the players tried to cowboy up with the Rocket on the mound dressed in stripes. Now the seventh inning air was sweet perfume while the we heard a familiar tune we all got up to dance but we never got the chance as the players tried to take the field the marching band refused to yield do you recall what was revealed the day the pennant died. We were singing...

So...bye, bye to our World Series try. Drove my Chevy down to Fenway but Fenway was dry. And them good ol boys were drinking whiskey and rye, singin this will be the day that I die, this will be the day that I die.

Oh and there were all in one place, a faithfull Nation lost in space with no time left to start again, so Nomar be nimble, ManRam be strong, Pedro set the baseball on fire as the devils only friend. Oh and as I watched the game unfold my hands were clinched in fists of rage, no angel born in hell could break Bambinos spell. And as the moon climbed high into the night to light the sacrificial right I saw Yankees laughing with delight the day the Pennant died. We started singing...

I met a girl who sang the blues and I asked her for some happy news, but she just sulked and turned away. I went down to the sacred store where I'd heard some good news before, but the man there said the pennant's in the Bronx. Now the children screamed, the lovers cried, and the poets dreams but not a word was spoken, our hearts were again left broken. ANd the three men I admire most The Yaz, Pesky, and Teddy's Ghost, they all caught the last train for the coast the day the pennant died. And they were singin...

bye, bye to our World Series try. Drove my Chevy down to Fenway but Fenway was dry. And them good ol boys were drinking whiskey and rye, singin this will be the day that I die, this will be the day that I die. --Joshua the Great

Oct 17, 2003 at 8:59 AM Post #7 of 8
BoyElroy,

Thanks for posting the remade song! That was very well written and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Oct 17, 2003 at 11:46 AM Post #8 of 8
Yes, thanks boyelroy. That is the unfortunate theme song!
I wonder of Don McLean is a Red Sox fan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back