Official Ety 4P->4S conversion cable?
May 22, 2002 at 4:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Alleria

New Head-Fier
Is this available? If not, does anyone have info on the timeframe? It seems like it's been long in the making.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nothing against Fixup: I just want something that's not merely offically sanctioned, but official, period.

May 22, 2002 at 10:21 AM Post #2 of 5
Alleria
Check with headroom. I was talking to TOD and he said that soon that they might have some cables for the etys.

May 22, 2002 at 2:05 PM Post #3 of 5
What's the big deal?

The adapter from fixup is just a converted Radioshack cable. You simply plug it into the end of the ER4P then plug into your source or amp. No big deal. The sound DOES improve and gives you the benefit of having the equivalent of two different headphones all for the modest cost of ~ $35. Considering the usual costs associated with this obsession, it's a bargain.

I own the fixup cable. The build quality is very good, and the sound quality is excellent.

Bruce

May 22, 2002 at 2:47 PM Post #4 of 5
I agree with the above post. I even went a little further and now I'm using the fixup replacement cord AND the 4p to 4s adapter with my etys and although I was a bit concerned at first, (especially with having to yank the "official" stock cord off) the lack of microphonics is a blessing and the sound quality is all there and then some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back