----------->Official BOSTON MEET<----------------
Sep 23, 2004 at 12:19 AM Post #16 of 36
I'm in.

SR60, modded in a few ways.
E2, with a bunch of tips- I can sterilize
D-FS601.
Heh, a full Slappa case, for what it's worth.

Set a date, I'm flexible. Weekends prefered, though, obviously.

A very nice list of gear so far; spwal, have you considered talking to the local high-end shops to see if they'd be interested in scoping anything out? I know that Goodwin's out in Waltham has some extremely nice stuff in stock, and they're usually somewhat friendly about loaning things. There's also Audio Labs, out in Harvard Square, and The Natural Sound, but that's all the way out on Rt. 9. Maybe I'm just a dreamer, but I think that they're worth talking to.

Sep 23, 2004 at 2:03 AM Post #17 of 36
I didn't notice a specific date. I'd like to come if at all possible.

EQUIPMENT that I can bring:
K-1000
HD-600
DT-931 (modified with Siltech
ASL Mg head OTL 32
Creek OBH-11SE
Pioneer DV47ai
Possibly an Exemplar modified Denon DVD 2900
And an assortment of Siltech cables

Sep 23, 2004 at 10:12 PM Post #18 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by reeseboisse
the local high-end shops to see if they'd be interested in scoping anything out? I know that Goodwin's out in Waltham has some extremely nice stuff in stock, and they're usually somewhat friendly about loaning things. There's also Audio Labs, out in Harvard Square, and The Natural Sound, but that's all the way out on Rt. 9. Maybe I'm just a dreamer, but I think that they're worth talking to.

Well,

for our intents and purposes, they really dont have much to lend. and i think we have a ton of gear.

For example, goodwin MAY have omega2 in stock, however no one in their right mind would pay their price so i wont bother them. I work very hard on my relationshi there as they have been excellent to me in the past on my 2 channel. As far as sprearit sound goes on comm ave, they have an x can if anyone cares-- maybe it would be nice to hear some tubes. They also have a full line of grado BD and even a K1000. Truth is, i dont think they would be keen on lending out the phones but i can ask about the xcan...

make a long story short--we have good gear, and although it would be in their best interest to let us showcase their wares, im not sure they would do it.

You can try calling audio lab if you like, ive heard of it and no where it is (the garage in H Sq) however ive never been there....

Last thing i want is an employee showing up trying to sell stuff.

Anyway....

Im going to check which saturdays in the conference room are open....

how does next sat or the sat after sound???

i could get a poll going i suppose but that might be too involved.

state any grievances you might have with the following 2 saturdays here in the threa.

thanks again poeple, this is gonna be a good one!

Sean

Sep 23, 2004 at 11:10 PM Post #19 of 36
I was just in audio lab, and the best they had were SR-325's. (and a few AKG's, but i didn't ask about those). Audio Lab seems kinda crappy.

Sep 24, 2004 at 4:38 AM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by es2mac
So... anyone can attend? I'm a noob
I've only got a M-Audio Firewire Audiophile, and an old Total Airhead, maybe not worth bringing huh...

yup, anybody is welcome.
Let's keep to a private meet, at least for now. We already have a venue and people are already keen on going. My saturdays are free, although earliest I can make it is 1ish, as I have practice on that wonderful Charles water until 12.

Sep 24, 2004 at 3:05 PM Post #23 of 36
This coming Saturday (25th, i.e. tomorrow) isn't good for me, because I need to move into a new house, although the one after that I can most likely keep clear. Ditto with the 9th, if we want to have it in the evening, which would probably be best.

And yes, Audio Labs isn't anything special. I was just throwing out the ones I knew of. I'll have to check out Spearit Sound.

This is shaping up to be an impressive meet.

Also, how far is the venue from a T stop?

Sep 25, 2004 at 8:26 PM Post #24 of 36
I booked the conference room for 3 PM on saturday october 2nd, i believe.

So it's official. It can't be a "party" party otherwise it needs to get authorized through the building upper management. I assume these get togethers thrive on quietness anyway, so i don't expect any craziness
smily_headphones1.gif
. Later in the week i will provide more details as far as directions etc.

I know this isnt gonna be the best for everyone, but i saw the afternoon into the early evening to be the best time slot and saturday to be better than (football) sunday.

So I hope that all those who have expressed genuine interest will attend. The success of the event is determined largely by the number of people that show up with their gear!

More to follow. Scroll back to the first page to see the updated gear list.

Also for anyone who has yet to post here, i suggest you do. Post up your intent to join, and what you will bring.

This apartment building is close to both the green line and the red line. If andrezpw shows up early to man the fort, i can pick up a few people from kendall MIT T stop on the red line. Again, more details to follow.

So have a great week and check back often!

Sean

Sep 26, 2004 at 12:15 PM Post #26 of 36
anyone else have a problem wth this coming saturday at 3 pm?

I wish you all could make it, especially hate to lose a chance to hear vintage stax as well as ATH 900....

If the majority of people can still make it on the 2nd we will go ahead with it, since it is fairly difficult to get the conference room on a saturday for a nice chunk of time.

Later,

Sean

Sep 27, 2004 at 4:25 AM Post #27 of 36
I can't make the 2nd, but I'd be happy to let you borrow my HA-2 and SR71 for the day if someone can swing by my place in Brookline to pick them up. PM me.

Sep 28, 2004 at 1:17 PM Post #30 of 36
I was hoping that all that expressed interest could make it darn it....

Let me take a look over. I will swing up to brookline to pick up the SR 71 as im sure we all want a listen to that.....

Hmmm, still gonna be a nice group showing up. I will get directions to all those interested.

Later,

Sean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back