Official Austin Mini-Meet, October 7th
Sep 18, 2006 at 9:05 AM Post #17 of 47
I would love to hear those HF1s but dont think you should miss out on some dough for me. Id love to try and make it guys if you dont mind, Im just getting into this and have little to contribute except for some baby stax. Could you pm me the price your looking to get for those HF1?

Sep 18, 2006 at 1:48 PM Post #18 of 47
Swear Words!

I have a round of exams the following week.

I want to kick something.

Sep 19, 2006 at 1:01 AM Post #19 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty757
Swear Words!

I have a round of exams the following week.

I want to kick something.

Wow! What a ridiculous time for exams, you'll definitely be missed.

Sep 19, 2006 at 1:22 AM Post #20 of 47
The person in charge of this meeting, please PM me. I will donate one of the forthcoming Turbo mini cable "V Series", for your kind evaluation. This cable is not out yet. When the meeting ends, you can auction it. Million thanks.

TURBO

Sep 19, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #21 of 47
I'm off at Baylor without a car, but I hope to be able to make it.

I'll bring:

JVC DX1000 headphones. Yep, I'm in the process of trading my W5000 for them.
Two pairs of $50 Yamaha headphones I think are really good for the money.
Pickering model PH-4955. These are some HUGE cans from the early '70s. Sound isn't too bad, IMO.

Musical Fidelity X-DAC v3, X-PSU v3, X-10 v3 tube buffer, hopefully modded a la pinkfloyd by then, and two Revelation Audio Labs Passage series cryo-silver reference umbilical cords. I don't believe in expensive power cords, but I have them.

Two pairs of 1M copper magnet wire interconnects terminated with copper bullets.
Possibly two pairs of 0.5M solid silver interconnects terminated with silver bullets: I don't know; I haven't decided if I'm going to buy them yet.
One bettercables 1M coaxial digital cable.

Headamp GS-1

Digigram VXpocket V2, a $500 (!) PCMCIA soundcard.

My Laptop, hopefully loaded with a variety of music in a lossless format, ripped with E.A.C.

This will be my first meet. I'm looking forward to trying some electrostats!

Sep 19, 2006 at 7:49 PM Post #22 of 47
Hi Austin head-fiers. A beta mini-to-mini "V series" will be on your way by tomorrow, for evaluation and auction. Enjoy the meeting. Happy listening!
very_evil_smiley.gif

TURBO

Sep 21, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #25 of 47
I'm going to try and make it.

I'll bring:

Etymotic ER-6i's
Beyerdynamic DT 250 80's
Alessandro MS2(i)
Zen Vision:M

Looks like I'll be bringing the "consumer level" equipment haha.

Unfortunately I don't have any electronics other than the Zen. Used to have a total airhead from 2001 but it has long since passed away.

Sep 26, 2006 at 1:46 PM Post #26 of 47
Well, I've been going through some major changes in my system, and it looks like the only thing I'm going to bring to the meet is my trusty ole 650's and they're Cardas cable.

Sep 26, 2006 at 11:44 PM Post #28 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Well, I've been going through some major changes in my system, and it looks like the only thing I'm going to bring to the meet is my trusty ole 650's and they're Cardas cable.

That's all you'll need to try out the Darkvoice/Zhaulooser101 combo buddy.
600smile.gif

Sep 28, 2006 at 6:24 AM Post #29 of 47
I'm amazed that a meet in Austin is going to be held on not just the day of the red river shootout, but it will also at almost exactly the same time as the game.

Looks like I won't be making it.

Sep 29, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #30 of 47
Do any members from the Houston area want to make the drive to Austin together? I wouldn't mind driving someone, and would be more than happy to follow/lead someone as well. I just got a new car and I'm looking forward to the road trip with my HD650's
tongue.gif

swt61, let me know if you'd like to meet somewhere, since it seems you'll be coming close to me on your way to Austin right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back