Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014
Apr 16, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #31 of 522
We might be in luck HiFi Man is one of the vendors at the event!  So they might just have the 400i, I'm sure they will have the 560 as well and maybe the 400.  The 400's are being replaced by the 400i which is why there is such a steep discount at the moment($100 off).  I use my HE-400's with the Aune T1 and love it so if you enjoy what your hear from the 400i but your wallet says no look at the HE-400's while they are still discounted. 

Apr 16, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #32 of 522
We might be in luck HiFi Man is one of the vendors at the event!  So they might just have the 400i, I'm sure they will have the 560 as well and maybe the 400.  The 400's are being replaced by the 400i which is why there is such a steep discount at the moment($100 off).  I use my HE-400's with the Aune T1 and love it so if you enjoy what your hear from the 400i but your wallet says no look at the HE-400's while they are still discounted. 
Not sure how similar the 400 will be to the 400i. The 400i is supposed to be more similar to the 500 in its quality.

Apr 16, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #33 of 522
Not sure how similar the 400 will be to the 400i. The 400i is supposed to be more similar to the 500 in its quality.

That's what I've heard too. I would love to get the 400i and if I like the way they sound enough, I'll probably spring a bit extra for them. However if I don't hear much of an audible difference between the 400 and 400i (to my rather untrained ears) I'll just stick to the 400

Apr 16, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #35 of 522
I hope not, as I liked HE400 most.
tongue_smile.gif

then you'll probably want the 560, like me.  we'll see.  I'm sure they will be at the meet.  no reason for them not to be.

Apr 16, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #36 of 522
  then you'll probably want the 560, like me.  we'll see.  I'm sure they will be at the meet.  no reason for them not to be.

Those 560s look sooooo good. If I had the money for them, I'd probably buy a pair right now.

Apr 16, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #37 of 522
I agree. Somehow, the review thread has done a great job of keeping good info without a lot of over hype. Gives me a sense that the info presented is well thought out. So far, the 560 is really sounding like a winner. Can't wait to try them myself. I almost got the 500 a while back, but it was just missing some things I needed to have. Now I'm glad I didn't just go for it.

Apr 17, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #38 of 522
  When:  June 21, 2014
Where:  Willow Room - Sheraton Chicago Northbrook
Time:  10 to 4

Vendors:
Ray Samuels Audio
HiFiMan
Mr. Speakers
ZMF Headphones
Tweak Studio
On Song Audio Distribution
Essential Audio

Raffle Supporters
Ray Samuels Audio
HiFiMan
Mr. Speaker
ZMF Headphones
LH Labs
Aurisonics
Double Helix Cables
Allnic Audio
WyWires
Essential Audio / iFi Audio

Attendees:
Audio Addict
roflcopter159
Todd R
Skylab
FraGGleR
Claritas
jackhamm
jibzilla
ScuderiaHeadFi
diphaloraptor
Keithpgdrb
ninaphexed +2

Wah wah. My name isn't on here. Did I need to send a fee or something? I stated I'd come in the last thread.

Kojaku

Apr 17, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #39 of 522
  Wah wah. My name isn't on here. Did I need to send a fee or something? I stated I'd come in the last thread.

Kojaku

yes, the fee is paid directly to me in the form of beer.  I'm kidding, mostly.  no fee dude. i'm sure the problem will be remedied post haste.  But now you better bring some really cool crap, cause we know your REALLY coming.

Apr 17, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #40 of 522
  yes, the fee is paid directly to me in the form of beer.  I'm kidding, mostly.  no fee dude. i'm sure the problem will be remedied post haste.  But now you better bring some really cool crap, cause we know your REALLY coming.

I'm bringing something that'll probably freak a few people out about the LCD-3s. I don't wanna blow this up on the forums, though, because Audez'e are friends and I don't want to inundate them. Along with that, I'll bring a rare combo that'll allow people to hear the LCD-3 driven exceptionally well, as well as the beauty of fully balanced drive with 24/192 and DSD. I'll also bring my portable rig, which I happen to think is the 3rd best portable combo I can think of (to my ears). Oh yeah, and Fraggler's handiwork, the only pair of fully balanced M80s in the world. There'll probably be more in the mix by then, but it's def the best setup I've brought to a meet.

Kojaku

Users who are viewing this thread

Back