Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014
Apr 7, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #16 of 522
How many people usually attend these meets?

It depends on how many you recruit
biggrin.gif
  Usually there is in the 35 range but for ChiUniFi 6 there was roughly 60.  Sixty is about the max the room can hold.

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #17 of 522
Would anyone be able to create a ChiUniFi 8 Logo?  I don't have those technical skills.

The number 8 might be fashioned out of two pairs of headphones: a right side up one on top of an upside down one. Just a thought.

Apr 8, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #18 of 522
The number 8 might be fashioned out of two pairs of headphones: a right side up one on top of an upside down one. Just a thought.

Working on one that uses a headphone shape for the 8.  Just sent the concept drawing to my friend to turn into something prettier.

Apr 8, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #20 of 522
I am planning on attending, with no promise of bringing anything other than my smile and some favorite music.

I miss you guys (and 3, 2, 1... DAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW)

Apr 11, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #22 of 522
Hey yall, Im pretty new but I will definitely bet attending the axpona at Ohare as well as this in June, really stoked because I am relatively new and havent had the chance to hear high end equipment, all of my stuff is relatively beginner. 

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #23 of 522
I will be there along with two others for the fun and games.  I would bring equipment but it is all entry level, looking forward to seeing and hearing the ear candy ;p

Apr 14, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #25 of 522
  So I opened up my rp6 yesterday and found it in pieces
frown.gif
. The spindle on the sub platter was broken off, the dust cover was badly cracked and the wall wart would not work with the tt psu. I told the seller either I needed a full refund at his expense shipping it back or I would give him $300 in it's current condition but not the $975 showroom demo price I paid. The rega is being sent back to him at his expense.

Kind of made me realize that bringing an expensive TT many miles to an event like this may not be the best idea. Finding out the rega comes with a faux metal sub platter was a really big turnoff as well. I think I'm going to go with the much cheaper project debut carbon new vs. used. If I go with that I will bring it to the event but I'm also heavily leaning toward the F.F. LSD and that's just too expensive to haul 300mi. bouncing around in my car for 5-6 hours. If I get the Funk Firm I will bring to a STL. event that I hope to throw in the fall or spring of next year. Sorry for the bad news.

Ouchies!

I've had two bad experiences buying used - thankfully you bought from a dealer with the willpower/resources to absorb the damages.  In my cases, I had to eat all costs for repairs myself (for the Velodyne sub, the factory were completely successful in actually fixing the problem; for the integrated amp, the local stereo repair guy couldn't fix it no matter what he tried).

What I'm saying is, I feel your pain, stress, fear, disappointment... and resolution to buy new next time (if not every single time for the rest of our lives).  May your turntable fortunes improve soon!

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #27 of 522
Cool Steve I will be at Axpona as well and will look for you.

Apr 16, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #28 of 522

Ouchies!

I've had two bad experiences buying used - thankfully you bought from a dealer with the willpower/resources to absorb the damages.  In my cases, I had to eat all costs for repairs myself (for the Velodyne sub, the factory were completely successful in actually fixing the problem; for the integrated amp, the local stereo repair guy couldn't fix it no matter what he tried).

What I'm saying is, I feel your pain, stress, fear, disappointment... and resolution to buy new next time (if not every single time for the rest of our lives).  May your turntable fortunes improve soon!

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #29 of 522
Does anyone have a HD650 they could bring? I've been really wanting to try them out along with the HE400/HE400i (if the 400i is there that is)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back