1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Official 2016 SF Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread - July 16, 2016

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. third_eye Moderator
    Post your Official 2016 SF Meet impressions and pics here! 

IMG_3571.jpg

2. Netforce
    Real excited! Was over at wikia yesterday, lots of pokemon to catch also for anyone playing...

3. moedawg140 Contributor
  4. greenkiwi
    I have an extra ticket, in case someone needs one.

5. hselburn
    See everyone there! Question. Let's say you need to do something and need to drop off your gear somewhere temporarily. Where would you do That? The front desk? About to leave for the show! Woohoo!!

6. HellaSteph
    Don't forgot to join us LIVE with Overclock.net Radio as we broadcast a special podcast with Head-Fi! Topic: 

GAMING HEADPHONES!

Time of live broadcast: 11 AM Pacific / 2 PM Eastern
    Where: http://www.overclock.net/t/1588232/overclock-net-podcast-live-every-thursday-9-pm-est/0_100

Follow our Twitter for the latest updates: https://twitter.com/Overclocknet/status/754342810560532486 

7. HellaSteph

Answer: There's a long, standing height table on the on the left wall when you're looking at Town Hall. We ask all guests and staff to leave their belongings there.

Thanks!

8. robm321

9. Audiowood
    On my way...

10. bearFNF Contributor
    Member area setup.
    14686894114361438887146.jpg

Currawong likes this.
  11. Mediahound
    It was nice to meet everyone in person. I heard some outstanding setups today.

For me, the Woo Audio prototype and WA8 portable as well as all of the Cavalli stuff were highlights.

12. chuckwheat
    Good stuff! I definitely liked a chance to put the HD800 and HD800S to the test. Definitely loving the HD800S warmth and spacial refinement. I'm looking at them for end game in a few years. I'm thinking a my bottlehead crack would pair well with them. The WA22 definitely paired well with them.

I heard the HE1000 with an upgraded cable and an open-topped amp (had a big stepped attenuator, don't remember the name) that sounded lovely. I've had mixed results with the HE1000. This is the first time I've been impressed by them. In this form, they almost justify the price tag XD.

One of my favorite stacks was the Mjolnir 2 and Gungnir with the Audeze LCD-X. What I felt the Audeze lacked in wide defined soundstage (apparent in HD800 and other sennheisers) was made up for with some of the cleanest most musical tone I've heard.

Thanks everyone. I had a great time :)

knopi likes this.
  13. drgajet
    image.jpg

Kimber Kables Rock. Sixteen wires into eight for each side. Beautiful color and impeccable braiding.

Maelob and Krolik like this.
  14. n3rdling
    Heading back to the airport now, thanks for having me. Special thanks to velvetx for giving me a ride and letting me borrow an amp and source. I haven't been to a norcal meet in a while so it was nice to see you guys again.

Goal of this meet was to get some ears on my DIY HE90 Orpheus clones. Feedback was super positive. I'd appreciate any impressions of them as I'm considering making them a commercial product. Thanks!

15. robm321
    Best of luck in your venture!

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last