Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South Coast Plaza
Mar 4, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #361 of 733
  Greetings all! My schedule is in fact clear for that Saturday so I'll be there will my humble little system. I'm looking forward to check out a few specific headphones as well as meeting all of you fine folks.

System:
Sennheiser HD600
Audio Technica ATH-A900 (Modded)
Etymotic ER4PT
Tascam TH-02 (Modded)
AMB CKKIII
AMB gamma2 DAC
Metrum Quad NOS DAC

Awesome!  I've only heard two of the things on that list. 
smile.gif

Mar 4, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #362 of 733
I saw the bit about free Hotel shuttle.

But we are not 'hotel guest'???  I am going to assume that Westin shuttle will soon get overwhelmed and want some proof of hotel reservation, if they are delivering bus loads of headfiers.

Mar 4, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #363 of 733
  I saw the bit about free Hotel shuttle.

But we are not 'hotel guest'???  I am going to assume that Westin shuttle will soon get overwhelmed and want some proof of hotel reservation, if they are delivering bus loads of headfiers.

Oh... from my experience, hotels (especially the better ones) extend shuttle courtesy to attendees of functions held at the hotel.  Plus, even if they had to shuttle around a bunch of Head-Fiers just for the event, I would imagine that they are still making more than if these were hotel guests they were ferrying around.  Hint:  the space for the meet is NOT cheap.

Mar 4, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #364 of 733
If they have issues with carrying people not staying at the hotel. Maybe post when you are getting in and slide in with those of us that are staying at the hotel. 

I am getting in Friday night around 7:30pm and will be getting the shuttle, if that helps.
I will be leaving early Sunday morning 8:30am flight time.

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #365 of 733
  Greetings all! My schedule is in fact clear for that Saturday so I'll be there will my humble little system. I'm looking forward to check out a few specific headphones as well as meeting all of you fine folks.

System:
Sennheiser HD600
Audio Technica ATH-A900 (Modded)
Etymotic ER4PT
Tascam TH-02 (Modded)
AMB CKKIII
AMB gamma2 DAC
Metrum Quad NOS DAC

Cool! Got you down for a 1/2 table!

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #366 of 733
  If they have issues with carrying people not staying at the hotel. Maybe post when you are getting in and slide in with those of us that are staying at the hotel.

Hotel shuttles will not have any issues taking you to the hotel. And yes, you can say you are a guest of the hotel due to the meet (not that they will ask or care).

Mar 4, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #367 of 733
How cool is this! I saw this thread from a google search, when trying to find a local headphone store to demo my "next IEM".

I don't have any gear to bring, am I still able to attend as a consumer?

Mar 4, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #368 of 733
How cool is this! I saw this thread from a google search, when trying to find a local headphone store to demo my "next IEM".

Yeah its fine if you don't bring gear, there will be plenty of gear around.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Mar 4, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #370 of 733
Damn! I live down the street.

Maybe I shouldn't spend all my money now....

Is it possible to shrink your wallet at one of these Head-Fi meets?

Mar 4, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #371 of 733
  I am getting in Friday night around 7:30pm and will be getting the shuttle, if that helps.
I will be leaving early Sunday morning 8:30am flight time.

Got dinner plans for Friday and Saturday night?

Hotel shuttles will not have any issues taking you to the hotel. And yes, you can say you are a guest of the hotel due to the meet (not that they will ask or care).

Yup yup.  And besides, how would the shuttle driver check?

Yeah its fine if you don't bring gear, there will be plenty of gear around.

Srsly?  What luck! 
smile.gif
  Yeah, what Netforce said, just bring you.

Damn! I live down the street.

Maybe I shouldn't spend all my money now....

Is it possible to shrink your wallet at one of these Head-Fi meets?

Oh, you'll want to spend your money here for sure! 
biggrin.gif
  Actually, you'll want to be here.  In addition to major CIEMs, you'll also want to check out NuForce's new Primo 8.

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #373 of 733

Got dinner plans for Friday and Saturday night?

Nope, just to eat...you know me, I'm up for whatever you guys got planned.

Okay, we'll be right around that area when you land.  John should be there as well.  You still got my number right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back