Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South Coast Plaza
Mar 3, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #346 of 733
Update: $15 Presale Meet passes will be available until March 14 only. In order to be on the $15 Presale Pass list, please register using the online form AND process your $15 Paypal Gift payment by March 14. If you have already registered but have not processed payment yet, please do so by March 14. For all those planning to attend the meet that do not register by March 14, you will still be able to purchase a pass at the door for $20.

Please PM me if you have any questions and looking forward to a great event!
beerchug.gif

Mar 3, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #350 of 733
Mar 3, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #352 of 733
  Great, thanks. Got that box ticked now!!

Awesome! 
smile.gif
  Yeah, because meets usually have free audiologists and show discounts, they are often the best way to get a pair of customs.  Just out of curiosity, which models are you most interested in?

Mar 3, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #354 of 733
  If I am flying into John Wayne airport, is there a shuttle or some means to get to Westin?  It would seem silly to rent a car but would take much too long to walk.

smile.gif
  http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/area/transportation.html?propertyID=1002

Basically, it says:

Hotel Shuttle
  1. Fee: Complimentary
  2. Hours: Hours of operation
  3. Travel Time: 10 minutes
  4. Contact: (714) 540-2500
  5. About: Onsite;  Complimentary shuttles run between the John Wayne Airport and the hotel, departing every 30 minutes. Call the hotel directly to arrange for the shuttle to pick you up from the airport after your flight's arrival.

Mar 3, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #355 of 733

Awesome! 
smile.gif
  Yeah, because meets usually have free audiologists and show discounts, they are often the best way to get a pair of customs.  Just out of curiosity, which models are you most interested in?

Well, a very good question. I travel quite a bit on business, often taking long flights, so my goal is to put together a good mobile system to suit my varied musical tastes. This will be my first meet so I'm looking forward to looking, learning and trying out as much as possible. Is a better day possible??

Mar 3, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #356 of 733

Awesome! 
smile.gif

Well, a very good question. I travel quite a bit on business, often taking long flights, so my goal is to put together a good mobile system to suit my varied musical tastes. This will be my first meet so I'm looking forward to looking, learning and trying out as much as possible. Is a better day possible??

Technically, yes.  But you'd have to wait until October and fly out to Denver for that.  Short of that, this is where you want to be.  Definitely try out the UERM, and account for some time to play with the UEPRM's magic-sound-tuning-box-with-the-knobs-thing-a-ma-jig they've got.

Mar 3, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #357 of 733

Technically, yes.  But you'd have to wait until October and fly out to Denver for that.  Short of that, this is where you want to be.  Definitely try out the UERM, and account for some time to play with the UEPRM's magic-sound-tuning-box-with-the-knobs-thing-a-ma-jig they've got.

Thanks, can't wait until October. Now I need to look at UE's web site and the check out the "thing-a-ma-jig".

Mar 4, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #358 of 733

Thanks, can't wait until October. Now I need to look at UE's web site and the check out the "thing-a-ma-jig".

Hehe, its a cool little tuning box. I, personally, do not like it though. Hifiguy528 and I talked about it at the Bay Area meet, we both agreed we would never be able to come to a conclusion for a tuned sound, and would rather have the pro's at UE do it
tongue.gif
. We're an indecisive bunch
wink.gif

Mar 4, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #359 of 733

Yeah, I wouldn't wait that long.  That's probably many thousands of miles for you sans a portable rig.

Hehe, its a cool little tuning box. I, personally, do not like it though. Hifiguy528 and I talked about it at the Bay Area meet, we both agreed we would never be able to come to a conclusion for a tuned sound, and would rather have the pro's at UE do it
tongue.gif
. We're an indecisive bunch
wink.gif

http://pro.ultimateears.com/en-us/home/ue-personal-reference-monitors

Basically, it allows you to tune a UEPRM (Ultimate Ears Personal Reference Monitor) exactly the way you like it, so that it's customized for you in terms of fit and sound signature.

Mar 4, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #360 of 733
Greetings all! My schedule is in fact clear for that Saturday so I'll be there will my humble little system. I'm looking forward to check out a few specific headphones as well as meeting all of you fine folks.

System:
Sennheiser HD600
Audio Technica ATH-A900 (Modded)
Etymotic ER4PT
Tascam TH-02 (Modded)
AMB CKKIII
AMB gamma2 DAC
Metrum Quad NOS DAC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back