Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South Coast Plaza
Mar 1, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #316 of 733
  yeah! 

Even pneumonia couldn't keep me from this event w/ my boys!
I'm just SO SORRY I couldn't do more than make a few phone calls to help!

But after 5 weeks down I'm back! Doc says take it slow, well, he also said I'd be down 
for 8 weeks, and after 5 I beat it...

PSYCHED FOR THIS

So it looks like I'm going to bring this for my rig now:

MacBook/Amarra as source (MAYBE bring my Music Hall USB-1 turntable as source too - packin my VPI's would be too much right now)
McIntosh D100 as DAC (with its own headphone amp/output) running balanced
into Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold
Audeze LCD-X and XC, plus HD800s as the cans!
Running balanced front to back!

Plus my Alpha Dogs for use w/ the D100's headphone output.

Whaddya think bout dat????

I think that your idea of taking it slow would put me in the hospital! Looking forward to swapping stories, catching up...and hearing your most excellent gear!

Mar 1, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #317 of 733
Would appreciate it very much. Hopefully I will be able to pick it up in person as I will be in Irvine on holiday from Australia. I am supposed to travel to friends in Grover Beach on Friday but I will try to delay my travel for a day so that I can attend. I have never been to a meet before and am dying to try some of the good gear that is not seen here in Oz.

Mar 1, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #318 of 733
Would appreciate it very much. Hopefully I will be able to pick it up in person as I will be in Irvine on holiday from Australia. I am supposed to travel to friends in Grover Beach on Friday but I will try to delay my travel for a day so that I can attend. I have never been to a meet before and am dying to try some of the good gear that is not seen here in Oz.

Wow, what AMAZING timing!!! You are in for a TREAT!!!

Mar 1, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #319 of 733

Ah, had a little more than you initially led on eh? 
biggrin.gif

Maybe a bit
smily_headphones1.gif

HD600s have an occ copper cable from headphonelounge (Ted's headfood)
JH11s will have an occ silver cable also from Ted

Though kinda hard to share CIEMs !

Remember, the main ingredient of a Head-Fi meet is Head-Fiers... and their friends.  Even if you brought nothing, there would still be WAY too much to listen to during the course of only one day. 
smile.gif
  But it's nice to have your own gear with which to audition other stuff in the signal chain, or for A/Bing.

Cool! Please register using the link provided in the first post of this thread. It's $15 if you pay in advance via paypal or $20 cash at the door.

yeah! 

MacBook/Amarra as source (MAYBE bring my Music Hall USB-1 turntable as source too - packin my VPI's would be too much right now)

Definitely leave the pneumonia at home. 
wink.gif

Would love a t-shirt with the meet logo on it so I can sport it in Australia!! Just make sure you have some REALLY big ones as I am not a small guy!

hmmm, let's see if we can make that happen! 
beerchug.gif

That's Head-Fi code for "Warren, get to work!  Go do some of dat graphics schiit." 
biggrin.gif

I think that your idea of taking it slow would put me in the hospital! Looking forward to swapping stories, catching up...and hearing your most excellent gear!

You and me both!  Oh BTW, and this'll be announced soon, but the LAOCAS will be there too!

Wow, what AMAZING timing!!! You are in for a TREAT!!!

+1!  I keep trying to get our friend and fellow 360er Lachlan (a_recording here on HF) to come out, but his schedule is pretty packed these days.

Mar 1, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #320 of 733
  yeah! 

But after 5 weeks down I'm back! Doc says take it slow, well, he also said I'd be down 
for 8 weeks, and after 5 I beat it...

PSYCHED FOR THIS

*DROOL*

Mar 2, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #322 of 733
I am planning to attend. I will bring my setup of AKG Q701 and Objective 2 Amp.

See you guys there!

Happy to have ya! 
smile.gif

BTW, for you first-timers, here are the three most commonly-said thing about practically every meet:

1.  It was a great meet!
2.  Everyone was so nice!
3.  There wasn't enough time...

Regarding that last one, you're gonna want to make a list of the things that you want to hear so you don't miss anything.

Mar 2, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #324 of 733
Is it possible to buy stuff at meets? I've got a bit saved up I want to use haha

And yeah I'm making my list of stuff I want to demo

Yes, it is!  Not all of the exhibitors will be selling physical items at the show, but there is a rich tradition of exhibitors offering special show discounts to attendees.  We're going to be updating this thread in the coming week with information about what each exhibitor is showing, selling, raffling off. 
smile.gif

Mar 2, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #327 of 733
Will there be a table for Head-Fi members to sell their used gear in the meet like last time?

Personally, I'm looking forward to sell some of my former gears and possibly use that money to buy new or used gear in the meet.

Mar 2, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #328 of 733
I am a new forum member and new to the hobby. I need to be in the San Francisco area on March 23 for a conference, so I think I will leave a day early and spend the day at the meet. I don't have any high end gear, but I will bring my PSB M4U2 phones so that I can check out amp/dac and new phones too. My first meet and can't wait.

Mar 2, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #329 of 733
I am going to try to make it out for this one, need a break from -22 F (-42 wind chill) way up nort 'ere...will be packing light, so portable gear only, Roxanne, Leckerton UHA760, UE7 pro, etc...

Mar 2, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #330 of 733
Guys!

I just had a HUGE breakthrough on the rig I'm bringing to the Meet!
I was listening to Radiohead's "Little by Little" (Caribou RMX - one of my acid test tracks) through my Audeze LCD-X, driven by the Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold, and I installed these newly arrived Double Helix balanced cables -

This is unreal. The technology disappears, the delivery mechanism, the components and model numbers - all that leaves my congested thought process. All of a sudden it's me and the sound of the music, nothing else matters, and I could do this for days... This is what it's all about for me. And I'm bringin' this rig with me!!!!

SO psyched for this event, and to kick it w/ ya'll!

YEAH @warrenpchi & @third_eye !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back