Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South Coast Plaza
Feb 22, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #261 of 733
I mentioned it before in PM, but I'll need a table.  Will be bringing the HifiMan Beast, the EF-6 Amp.  Also HE-6 Headphones.  And will set up gear from HifiMan with my EF-6 Amp.  Should at the least be the HE-560 and HM-901 as a source.

is the he560 for sure or pending if they release it by the time the meet happens?
I was gonna skip the meet due to work but I'd try to get time off to listen to a pair of cans I'm quite interested in buying one day.

Feb 22, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #262 of 733

Got you down! I'm really excited to hear the Beast and the new HE-560!

My pockets are going to be sore in 2014. I now have to compare the Alpha Dog to He-560. Closed vs. open but they are both in the same price range.
edit** actually I am wrong, its $599 vs $899. If the 560s live up to the hype I'd have to get them for those sexy wooden cups and the new headband alone :]

Feb 22, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #263 of 733
is the he560 for sure or pending if they release it by the time the meet happens?
I was gonna skip the meet due to work but I'd try to get time off to listen to a pair of cans I'm quite interested in buying one day.

Barring some kind of problem with shipping, the HE-560 should be there.  If it's not a final retail version it will be the latest pre-production one.

Feb 22, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #265 of 733
Hello Guys, 
What is your normal protocol for attendees bringing their own music and what format do they use? I will bring a hard drive with plenty of music for comparisons in various resolutions including DSD but as always folks would like to hear what they are familiar with. I will bring a computer so people will be able to play CD's. SD cards can be accommodated as well. The Mirus DAC can take an SD card in the front panel as well to bypass the computer. 
Regards, 
Tony Landry 
www.exitlevelaudio.com
www.resonnesencelabs.com

Please note that I am not an official Resonnesence dealer or rep but I have received permission from them to represent the company at this meet. I will have my personal Mirus DAC and have been promised a Herus DAC from them to show as well. Looking forward to the meet. I have exhibited at RMAF before but I am open to suggestions from you guys as to what I can do to make my presentation go as smoothly as possible. 
Headphones will be HD-800's. 
I do not want to take up space here without permission describing my product. Is it OK to put links in the messages? Website update coming soon. 

Feb 22, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #266 of 733
  Wish i could have gone, just home from work and too far away to get there.

I think you're a month early. Hopefully see you there in March!

Feb 22, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #267 of 733
Oh! Maybe i will be able to go…..:) gotta check again to be sure i can't get out of work, or at least half day…?

Edit, where is my head….Just been debating different headphones and took a breath and bought one used on Amazon market place.  Hope it's in as good a shape as advertised, i generally only buy new but low on funds so this was a stretch.  

Feb 23, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #269 of 733
  Hello Guys, 
What is your normal protocol for attendees bringing their own music and what format do they use? I will bring a hard drive with plenty of music for comparisons in various resolutions including DSD but as always folks would like to hear what they are familiar with. I will bring a computer so people will be able to play CD's. SD cards can be accommodated as well. The Mirus DAC can take an SD card in the front panel as well to bypass the computer. 
Regards, 
Tony Landry 
www.exitlevelaudio.com
www.resonnesencelabs.com

Please note that I am not an official Resonnesence dealer or rep but I have received permission from them to represent the company at this meet. I will have my personal Mirus DAC and have been promised a Herus DAC from them to show as well. Looking forward to the meet. I have exhibited at RMAF before but I am open to suggestions from you guys as to what I can do to make my presentation go as smoothly as possible. 
Headphones will be HD-800's. 
I do not want to take up space here without permission describing my product. Is it OK to put links in the messages? Website update coming soon. 

Great news on Resonnesence and thanks for pointing out that files can be played directly from an SD card. I think most attendees will bring their own DAP's, Ipads, CD's, and possibly laptops. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back