Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South Coast Plaza
Jan 29, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #152 of 733
That's a great idea. But maybe you could mix in 128k 256k and WAV, just to make it more interesting.

lol then it is impossible to tel the difference. 
Let s have a golden ears contest. Would be nice if we have a cup or a shirt for a winner. 

Jan 29, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #153 of 733
Hey Young Guitar,
I say we have a test with 128k, 256k and 320k MP3 plus flac 44.1khz and wav 88.2khz (I have tons of SACD rips). Maybe a choice of classical, jazz and pop.
We let everybody who wants to have a go at properly identifying what they're hearing. And the winner gets a prize. 
I don't want to embarrass anybody, though. All of the results should be secret. We only tell people privately if they ask.
This could be a real service to the community.

Jan 29, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #154 of 733
We should hit up the vendors for prizes!

Jan 29, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #155 of 733
  Newbie here creating a paypal account now XD I plan to attend. will try to get my brother to come...he loves IEMs but hasn't seen hi-fi gear. anyone bringing any IEMs like senn 8/80? :D

I have IE80's.

Jan 29, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #158 of 733
  Update: SPL will be attending the meet and showing their new Phonitor 2!

This is going to be pretty exciting! 
smile.gif
  With the original Phonitor being one of those most unique amps here, this new Phonitor seems very promising.  We're going to be posting our Audio360 review of it here, but I can tell you all right now, you're going to want to hear this.

Jan 30, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #159 of 733
Please sign me up. If possible I'd like a full table. Gear list in flux, but will include a couple of new DIY tube amps , LCD-3's, possible 845 based electrostatic rig, and a Metrum Octave dac.

Thanks to all you guys doing the heavy lifting to bring this off!

Jan 30, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #161 of 733
So I won't bring the speaker then.  It was just a computer speaker anyway nothing really special.

Jan 30, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #163 of 733
That sounds great, I'll register. I just happened to order a pair of ESW9 and a Fiio e12 for my iPod Classic, my buddy has this set up and after listening I was impressed by the sound quality, should I bring this gear? How exactly does it work, do I set up at a table, do I carry my stuff around? Never been to one of these meets, sorry I'm new to this.

Jan 30, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #164 of 733
That sounds great, I'll register. I just happened to order a pair of ESW9 and a Fiio e12 for my iPod Classic, my buddy has this set up and after listening I was impressed by the sound quality, should I bring this gear? How exactly does it work, do I set up at a table, do I carry my stuff around? Never been to one of these meets, sorry I'm new to this.

No problem, we were all first timers at some point! If you've got a portable setup, you could just carry around. Folks that have full size rigs (source, dac, amp, headphone/s) can get table space based on the amount of equipment being brought to the meet.

Jan 30, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #165 of 733

No problem, we were all first timers at some point! If you've got a portable setup, you could just carry around. Folks that have full size rigs (source, dac, amp, headphone/s) can get table space based on the amount of equipment being brought to the meet.

Awesome, I'm looking forward to this meet. I've always wanted a great home HP set up but never had the opportunity to listen to such variety. I ran across this forum while reading reviews, boy am I glad I did, I can't wait!!! Thanks guys!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back