Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center
Aug 3, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #406 of 542
  Mostly a lurker here, but I will attend if I can make the time to do so! I have not yet been to a headphone meet-up or show. 

Remember the first time you went on a roller coaster? This is nothing like that, but it is equally as amazing.
You might feel a bit nervous at first, but soon you'll be too busy enjoying the music and having fun to remember that you were in the first place. Before you know it, it'll be over and you'll be wishing you could do it again. Maybe they are alike. 
biggrin.gif
 You should definitely make time. 

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #408 of 542
If anyone here has a KOSS ESP950, I'll bring the adaptor to use with Woo Audio GES amp.  I have a feeling it will beat the stock KOSS amp. :wink:

http://wooaudio.com/products/wastax.html

Aug 3, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #409 of 542
  If anyone here has a KOSS ESP950, I'll bring the adaptor to use with Woo Audio GES amp.  I have a feeling it will beat the stock KOSS amp. :wink:

http://wooaudio.com/products/wastax.html

I just soldered up some more Koss to Stax adapters too. I will be bringing my ESP-950's and my Stax 009's. But I will be using them for demos in my booth. (I'd be happy to use the GES instead if you want to leave it at my table. 
biggrin.gif
)

It had better sound better than the Koss E-90 stock amp though! 
wink.gif

Aug 4, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #415 of 542
As of now I plan on attending, and bringing a friend, who is not a head-fi forum member. I will have him fill out an online registration, as will I.

Cool, welcome!

Oh cool! Is Justin going to be there? It would be nice to put a face to the name after all these years.

Not sure, I think Peter is manning the Headamp booth!

Aug 4, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #416 of 542
Please get your orders in before 1pm today! We will have very few extras on hand at the meet!

Hey everyone, we're doing tees! 
smile.gif
  Like last time, they are only $20 each.  And this time, you have your choice of two designs in two colors each (four possible choices):

If you would a like a tee (or several tees), simply post your requested style/color/size/quantity combinations in this thread... using a new line for each combination.  For example, I want one of each style/color in XL, so I would post the following:

Decotint Black | XL | 1
Decotint White | XL | 1
Festival Black | XL | 1
Festival White | XL | 1

For those of you who would like your tees available for pick-up at the meet, please post your reservation NO LATER THAN 1:00p ON MONDAY, AUGUST 4TH.  After that point, our tee supplier (tee-design.org) will be taking online orders for shipping at a later date.

Aug 4, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #417 of 542
Brilliant Zen is running show specials - almost all products are 15 to 20% off. A price list will be available along with a brochure. This includes a headphone amp, a DAC, and headphone upgrade cables.

Mike

Aug 4, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #420 of 542

Looking for some encouragement to make the long trip from the Phoenix area to see what the folks in SoCal do to make a "newbie" welcome

I would like to bring my IBasso DX50 and PSB M4U2headphones so that I can make some reasonable judgements about what I am seeing and hearing

THanks for any good words and also.. where are the close good places to stay

Don J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back