Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center
Jun 11, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #122 of 542
Hi all this will be my first event that I go to and I got few questions about this event and if any one takes some time answer my questions I will greatly appreciate it.

1) I am currently planning to upgrade my system and I was wondering can we buy equipment directly from vendors at the event? If yes is there any price difference between buying it directly from them or from their website?

2) In original post it say that there will be "BUY/SELL Corner" is this for people who attend the event so they can buy/sell their equipment?
If yes is it common for people to trade their equipment?
Example of what I mean by trading.
Some one wants to trade their LCD 2.2 and money for HD800.

3) Can I bring my own headphones to the event to use them different vendors equipment?

Jun 11, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #123 of 542
  Hi all this will be my first event that I go to and I got few questions about this event and if any one takes some time answer my questions I will greatly appreciate it.

1) I am currently planning to upgrade my system and I was wondering can we buy equipment directly from vendors at the event? If yes is there any price difference between buying it directly from them or from their website?

2) In original post it say that there will be "BUY/SELL Corner" is this for people who attend the event so they can buy/sell their equipment?
If yes is it common for people to trade their equipment?
Example of what I mean by trading.
Some one wants to trade their LCD 2.2 and money for HD800.

3) Can I bring my own headphones to the event to use them different vendors equipment?

1. Yup, some vendors will be selling stuff while some may just showing off some of their gear. And yeah there will be vendors who do show discount while others may have their gear same price.

2. Last event some gear was selling quite quickly, I was quite tempted personally to snatch up another dragonfly dac v1.0 for $50 or a magni for $50 but they got bought pretty quickly.

3. Of course just ask if you can first 
redface.gif

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jun 11, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #124 of 542
I may have to be in the UK that weekend, but if I'm around I'll be there.

Gonna travel light this time.  No Hilo.  Just a laptop, iPad, Herus, Geek Out 450, and phones (Senn HD 800, Aedle VK-1, and UERM).  Will only need 0.5 table.

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #126 of 542
Can I get a half table, too? Thinking of demoing DSD (over 100 albums from SACD) using MacBook Pro>Audivrana>Hugo>HD800. Maybe bringing A2P TU-05b tube amp as well. 

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #128 of 542

That's a lot of DSD!

Sometimes I think I spend more time massaging files than listening to music. Welcome to file based music!

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #129 of 542
One thing I'd love to do at the show or outside would be to get two Hugos and two macs together to compare DSD to high Sampling rate PCM. I'm liking DSD but I would love to try switching faster than Audirvana can do with such big files. PM if you have a hugo and want to do this...

Jun 20, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #135 of 542
  I am going to try to make this too, last one was the best meet i've been to, and i've been to a lot. You guys have it wired for sure. 

Hey Dave, Are you getting a half table? Wanna share?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back