Office setup advice
Jan 2, 2015 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

George Chronis

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

We are getting a new office and I'd like to build a small office setup for those noisy days. I'm pretty much set on the amp: WA7 w/ Wa7tp. I have the WA7 at home (with the brick power supply) and like it so far. I use the Audeze LCD-X at home and like them with the WA7 and the Mjolnir. I also have the Senn 650 which I like and the K701 with classical. I listen to classical, jazz and some electronic and soundtracks.

My sources at the office are going to be an iPhone 6 or a MacBook Air with mainly ALAC music.

For the office I am looking for a closed can. I don't think I want to use my SE846's; I'm still trying to get comfortable with them for long sessions by switching out the plugs. I do have a Beyer DT770 (80 Ohm), which I find quite bassy at times (I understand that's a usual characteristic of closed cans).

After doing some research here, I'm leaning toward one of these options:
1. Use the DT770's: cheapest solution and will try it anyway
2. Beyer T5p (edit: I had T51p here initially; I meant T5p): seems expensive, must be good :) maybe it's a huge difference compared to the rest
3. B&O H6: people say it's very comfortable, doesn't break the bank, looks cool

I don't have any budget issues (man, feels good to finally be able to say that :) ), but I don't want to get into the diminishing returns territory. If I can save, I'll save.

What I'm wondering is if the H6 will sound good with the Wa7. I've read its thin on bass, I'm also wondering if the T51p's are a huge step up compared to the other two. I also realize that I may not even need amplification with either the T51's or the H6, but I REALLY like the Wa7 :) The H6 could also do double duty as a travel headphone on occasion, if I can't come to terms with the SE846.

So, any advice on the above options or anything else?

Jan 3, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #2 of 2
Edited T51p above: meant T5p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back