Office Prank - Fi
Oct 25, 2007 at 4:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Agent Kang

500+ Head-Fier
I'm sure that many of us with office jobs experienced boredom when the workload eases up (or become non-existent). Countless hours can be spent pushing the refresh button on Head-Fi, but every now and then pulling a harmless prank on your colleague can be just as entertaining.
very_evil_smiley.gif

So feel free to share some of your ideas so that others may have a reason to get excited for work tomorrow.
tongue.gif

One of my favorite prank is to cover the laser of a mouse with a scotch tape. Most of the time the victim takes a valiant effort to control it with will power. They usually find the root of the problem simply by flipping it over; the unlucky ones are forced to call IT for a replacement.

Oct 25, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #2 of 33
I worked in an office during university and one of my co-workers brought in a maxim that had some pranks in it. We decided to pull one of them on another co-worker.

Basically what we did was spin his chair around until the seat popped off...then we filled the hollow pole of the base with about 50 raw shrimp. After a day or two it stank so badly that we had to tell him what we had done because we couldn't take it either. It was funny watching him try and find the source of the smell thinking it was under his desk...

Oct 25, 2007 at 6:05 AM Post #3 of 33
What I used to do to hall-mates not too keen on computers is do a print screen of their desktop. Then I'd set that as their desktop background and hide the icons in a folder dragged to the corner of the screen. Then unlock the taskbar, minimize it and watch their frustration as they try to click on something.

Oct 25, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #4 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by rb67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I used to do to hall-mates not too keen on computers is do a print screen of their desktop. Then I'd set that as their desktop background and hide the icons in a folder dragged to the corner of the screen. Then unlock the taskbar, minimize it and watch their frustration as they try to click on something.

Now THAT is clever!
smily_headphones1.gif

RIDE

Oct 25, 2007 at 6:20 AM Post #5 of 33
Replace your co-worker's Bose headphones with two coconut halves. See if they notice a difference in sound quality.

Oct 25, 2007 at 6:28 AM Post #6 of 33
Quote:

Better yet, do that and then go into task manager and end the explorer process.
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 6:30 AM Post #7 of 33
Quote:

brilliant. I must try this one.
biggrin.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 11:35 AM Post #8 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Kang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
brilliant. I must try this one.
biggrin.gif

Another great one is rearrange the number pad on the keyboard to look like the phone. This is an old prank, but I saw someone actually do it 2 years ago. It was in a bank so victim used his number pad a LOT... it was hilarious.

Oct 25, 2007 at 2:04 PM Post #9 of 33
Quote:

I did that to my friend for April Fools one year. good stuff.♠

Oct 25, 2007 at 2:25 PM Post #10 of 33
a simple and sometimes effective one though you are immediately the rat is whilst your mate is making a somewhat though not direly important telephone call, just flip up the depressor for her seat and watch her sink down in her chair. repeat if necessary.

if she ends up laughing or steaming too much to control and hangs up, you will not forget it. simple, physical fun!

Oct 25, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #13 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've tried putting someone's stuff in jello once, but it didn't look as pretty as Jim's from The Office...it just sat at the bottom of the mold like an anchor. Didn't look very funny.

You have to fill the mold half way with jello and let it set, and then add their stuff and more jello.

I purchased the annoy -a- tron from thinkgeek and hit it in under one of the florescent tubes in the IT office. It took more than 3 days for them to find it.

and about the whole tape on the mouse thing. If this happens to you and you call IT you will be mocked for at lest a half hour by the person who "fixes" it.

Oct 25, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #14 of 33
You can sometimes have fun with screensavers. I got a guy who hadn't password protected his screen saver. So one night, after he had left for the day, I changed his screen saver to "Marquee". In the text box, I typed "Want cookie!" I then set the password to "cookie". I missed the payoff, but one of my co-workers saw him literally pulling his hair out. She asked him what the problem was. He showed her the screen saver, and told her he had tried chocolate chip, oatmeal, macadamia nut, etc., and still couldn't get in. She typed "cookie", and got in. He was amazed that she got it right away.
blink.gif

He wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he did learn to set a password on his computer.
wink.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #15 of 33
Four (Three?) words: Optical Mouse, Play-Doh.

[EDIT] Four more words: Read OP more thoroughly.
redface.gif

On the screensaver/desktop end, we used to be able to hit (if I remember correctly) ctrl+alt and one of the directional buttons to flip the orientation of the screen either sideways or upside down. Absolutely classic when used against the technologically inept.

Sadly, it was such a source of hilarity, the trick proliferated and IT locked us out of the functionality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back