Office Over-ears: Beyer 235, Superlux 668B, Creative Aurvana, or iGrado?
Oct 17, 2013 at 2:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JVineaux

New Head-Fier
Hi all, 

I'm looking for a decent pair of office over-ear headphones which I use almost for the full 8 hours at work. I'm used to iems, but I worry about damaging my ears by using them for so long, and sometimes have to use desktops for which the cables won't reach all the way to the back of the boxes.

Basically I'd like the best sound quality I can get whilst still being isolating (for my workmates, not necessarily myself, the office is quiet and sometimes people call out to me) and having a decent length cable. Lately I'm listening to electronic and dance music at work (Jon Hopkins, Four Tet, John Talabot, Caribou, GusGus) but some rock (The Drones, Arctic Monkeys, The Cribs, The Smiths), but I listen to quite a few podcasts and some hip hop too. Good Mids and or tight, driving bass is what I'd like. Soundstage and seperation would be nice too though. I'm not fussy, so long as they don't sound muddy or compressed. I've come up with the following:

Beyerdynamic dt235
Superlux hd668b
iGrado
Creative Aurvana Live

My budget is around £35, but at a push I would go to £55 for the CAL  - but only if it's really worth it. I'd prefer to get one of the others and use the money for a pair of clip on Koss' that I haven't yet tried, though not for work.

If anyone has any experience with these and can compare, or suggest some others under £35 then I'd appreciate the advice. Thanks!

Oct 17, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #2 of 3
I forgot to mention, I don't really want to get a pair of Sennheisers or JVC, I haven't liked any that I've tried of their iems or over-ears. I own a pair of Sennheiser hd415 that I've forgotten about pretty much because they sound so dull.

Oct 18, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #3 of 3
Samson SR-950 headphones, comes with Velour ear pads, 40GBP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back