Offical Last.FM Thread
Aug 24, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #198 of 204
I'll do it later, I'm embarrased about my top artists and stuff.

Don't be. It's not like we know you personally, so there would be no need to get embarrassed about it.
Besides, I have quite a lot of artist I'm ashamed of in my top 20. For instance Mindless Self Indulgence, Rammstein and KMFDM.

Aug 24, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #199 of 204
but MSI and KMFDM are good, I like MSI it's fun, and I listened to Rammstein all the time when I was like... 16 (quite a while ago), I liked their first two albums, haven't followed them since then.

I don't use last.fm at the moment but I'll link to it later perhaps, when it's up and running...

Aug 24, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #200 of 204
What I mean is that I'm still embarrassed about having so many plays invested in those three. Mainly because I grew out of them, and hardly listen to them anymore.
They give a false impression of my musical tastes, that's why I'm embarrassed about it. However I don't really care if people who I will probably never meet see them, as long as they don't get the wrong impression. (which I doubt, since there are artist I would be far more embarrassed about if I'd listen to them)

Aug 24, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #202 of 204

Quote:
What I mean is that I'm still embarrassed about having so many plays invested in those three. Mainly because I grew out of them, and hardly listen to them anymore.
They give a false impression of my musical tastes, that's why I'm embarrassed about it. However I don't really care if people who I will probably never meet see them, as long as they don't get the wrong impression. (which I doubt, since there are artist I would be far more embarrassed about if I'd listen to them)

I have over 100 Lady Gaga plays. I have more Lady Gaga plays than I have Sunn O))) plays.

On that note (directed at the thread), my least favorite thing about last.fm is how they rank artists based on plays. For example, The Beatles. I have 722 beatles plays with an average of 2.6 minutes a song. One of my favorite bands, Isis, has only 380 plays, but the song average is 7.3 minutes a song. This is a fundamental problem, because having 60 Sleep plays is equivalent to 1500 beatles plays.

I also realize that there is a "plugin" that allows this, but it should be an option to see top artists in time scrobbled over tracks scrobbled.

Quote:

Your musical compatibility with Bobsayshi2 is VERY HIGH
Music you have in common includes Tyler, the CreatorBorisBurialDrudkh and múm.

wow, that's a diverse common list. Leave me a shout or something so I can see your profile too.

Aug 24, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #203 of 204
I agree. And you'd expect that with all the listening data they have I wouldn't be too difficult to determine track length.
A display showing the amount of minutes someone listened to an artist would be preferred.

Jun 8, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #204 of 204
I'm sorry if I'm pulling a dead thread out of the abyss, but I wanted to share this:

Last.fm Password Security Update

7th June 2012

We are currently investigating the leak of some Last.fm user passwords. This follows recent password leaks on other sites, as well as information posted online. As a precautionary measure, we’re asking all our users to change their passwords immediately.

Change your password

We strongly recommend that your new Last.fm password is different to the password you use on other services. For more advice on choosing a solid password we recommend: http://www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/online-safety/passwords/

We’re sorry for the inconvenience around changing your password; Last.fm takes your privacy very seriously. We’ll be posting updates in our forums and via our Twitter account (@lastfm) as we get to the bottom of this.

The Last.fm Team

http://www.last.fm/passwordsecurity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back