Of the following, which is the best iem? Super Fi 5 Pro, EB version, e4c, um1, er-4p
Mar 7, 2006 at 7:10 AM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by GMan4911
I doubt if everyone who voted actually auditioned all of the IEMs on your list so the poll doesn't really mean anything.

oooo i did i did! lol

And yea, even then I just voted for what i did because it was my opinion of it. But it seems thats all the poster of this thread was looking for, so I'm happy yo provide my opinion where it's desired. I'm too used to adding my opinion where it's uncalled for!
tongue.gif

Mar 7, 2006 at 2:11 PM Post #18 of 24
Surprising so many still love the Etys. They have been around for how many years now? I love mine BTW. Just the sheer detail and seperation. Bass leaves something to be desired in terms of fullness but I can hear every note.

Mar 7, 2006 at 2:35 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by GMan4911
I doubt if everyone who voted actually auditioned all of the IEMs on your list so the poll doesn't really mean anything.

Yeah, I agree. I mean, the only one I've ever tried is the E4, but it's still my first inclination to vote for them because I like them. However, I showed a little restraint, surprisingly.

I'd look for comparison reviews and the opinion of those who HAVE tried all of them, specifically, like cheechoz and Edwood, as there probably aren't that many people who have auditioned all of them.

Mar 7, 2006 at 3:20 PM Post #20 of 24
They have different sound signatures, so I do not think this poll will be fruitful in helping you determine which one you like the best. There is a big risk of getting the one with most votes, not liking it, and then rationalizing that since it had the most votes it must be good and not moving on.

Mar 7, 2006 at 9:28 PM Post #21 of 24
Cnet, headroom, and head-fi all agree that the e4c is the best in the price range. That's probably the one I'm getting. Ever watch "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" When the person "asks the audience," the audience is right about 90% of the time. If I dislike the e4c's, I can always sell them. Btw, er-4p cost 200(ebay), um2 cost 300(ebay).

Mar 7, 2006 at 10:48 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellacious D
Cnet, headroom, and head-fi all agree that the e4c is the best in the price range. That's probably the one I'm getting. Ever watch "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" When the person "asks the audience," the audience is right about 90% of the time. If I dislike the e4c's, I can always sell them. Btw, er-4p cost 200(ebay), um2 cost 300(ebay).

except there is only one right answer on millionaire whereas this is subjective...

Mar 7, 2006 at 10:57 PM Post #23 of 24
This is a useless way to get information. You might as well just buy whatever has the highest sales rank on Amazon.

The point of head-fi is there are a bunch of people here who've heard the IEM, and can tell you about its sound...which they would do if they knew what kind of sound you were after, the music you listened to, your source, etc.

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:42 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzzz
except there is only one right answer on millionaire whereas this is subjective...

So what? That's still 3 for 3. Btw, I'm gonna use these out of my Sony NW-HD5. I listen to alot of rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back