Of the following, which is the best iem? Super Fi 5 Pro, EB version, e4c, um1, er-4p
Mar 7, 2006 at 1:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Hellacious D

100+ Head-Fier
Of the following, which is the best iem? Super Fi 5 Pro, Super Fi 5 Pro EB, e4c, um1, er-4p
Thanks guys, this will help me choose. I realize that this almost all about opinion. I'd love to get a chance to listen for myself, but there aren't any shops where you can audition these in my area.

Mar 7, 2006 at 3:16 AM Post #4 of 24
lol, why the #*&$! is Super.fi 5EB in there? Surely a real head-fier would never vote for that if they ever heard it in person.
rolleyes.gif

My vote goes to the Super.fi Pros. Granted the only one I've not tested on that list is the UM1(2). I'd love to though, i hear they more fun than Shure E4C's with all the detail and clarity.

Mar 7, 2006 at 4:06 AM Post #5 of 24
Pointless poll (no offense). The IEM is only one part of the equation. The other parts would be the music, the player, the amp, and most of all, the listener. I prefer one IEM, someone prefers another, and neither one of us is right or wrong.

Mar 7, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by catscratch
Pointless poll (no offense). The IEM is only one part of the equation. The other parts would be the music, the player, the amp, and most of all, the listener. I prefer one IEM, someone prefers another, and neither one of us is right or wrong.

Yeah I agree, This poll is more of what IEM someone personally perfers and to whom likes the best.

Yep -- the music, player, amp, etc... are also major factors and variables in this game too.

Mar 7, 2006 at 4:13 AM Post #7 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by catscratch

You can think of many polls that are different!?
confused.gif

BTW, I voted for the ER-4p 'cause I like mine and voting is free.
biggrin.gif

-Angler
600smile.gif

Mar 7, 2006 at 4:18 AM Post #9 of 24
the pole does'nt really matter because they all sound diff. so it depends on what ur needs are. just read the threads, there are plenty on these iem's and the um2 should replace the um1 cause most of the iem's listed are top models

Mar 7, 2006 at 5:07 AM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Electro Point
Yeah I agree, This poll is more of what IEM someone personally perfers and to whom likes the best.

Yep -- the music, player, amp, etc... are also major factors and variables in this game too.

You're correct, but if 20 people like the er-4p and 12 people like the super fi, guess which one I'm getting. To whoever said to add the um2 to the list, I don't have enough dough. To whoever said any real head-fier that has tested the super fi 5 pro EB wouldn't put it on the list, I haven't tested it. Overall..................you guys are quick to judge. Thanks for the votes and the imput though.

Mar 7, 2006 at 5:43 AM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellacious D
You're correct, but if 20 people like the er-4p and 12 people like the super fi, guess which one I'm getting. To whoever said to add the um2 to the list, I don't have enough dough. To whoever said any real head-fier that has tested the super fi 5 pro EB wouldn't put it on the list, I haven't tested it. Overall..................you guys are quick to judge. Thanks for the votes and the imput though.

er4p's are more expensive than the UM2 aren't they?

Mar 7, 2006 at 6:28 AM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellacious D
You're correct, but if 20 people like the er-4p and 12 people like the super fi, guess which one I'm getting.

I doubt if everyone who voted actually auditioned all of the IEMs on your list so the poll doesn't really mean anything.

Mar 7, 2006 at 6:30 AM Post #13 of 24
I've only heard the E4s from that list, but I absolutely love them. I didn't vote, however, for the aforementioned reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back