Odd X3 Issue
Dec 30, 2014 at 4:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

fjbeiderbecke

New Head-Fier
I was playing the player through the digital out and noticed there was no sound after the last song finished.  When I looked it appeared the player was playing the song but nothing was coming out.

I hooked the player to the computer and played the song through windows explorer, it played fine.  I tried headphones and could hear the song.  Line out plays the song as well.  It is only through digital out that I can't hear the music.  This is happening for (that I know of) two purchases from HDTracks, the Uniondale Grateful Dead set and the Best of Johnny Winter. 

Does anyone have an suggestions as to what might be going on?

I am currently using 3.3 firmware.  This was happening on previous versions of the firmware as well.

thanks,
Fred

Dec 30, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #2 of 4
  I was playing the player through the digital out and noticed there was no sound after the last song finished.  When I looked it appeared the player was playing the song but nothing was coming out.

I hooked the player to the computer and played the song through windows explorer, it played fine.  I tried headphones and could hear the song.  Line out plays the song as well.  It is only through digital out that I can't hear the music.  This is happening for (that I know of) two purchases from HDTracks, the Uniondale Grateful Dead set and the Best of Johnny Winter. 

Does anyone have an suggestions as to what might be going on?

I am currently using 3.3 firmware.  This was happening on previous versions of the firmware as well.

thanks,
Fred

I may help and test my X3 if I knew how to work that digital output and adapter. Need a receiver for the digital output?

Dec 30, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #3 of 4
Ok, I just slapped my harmon/kardon receiver together. coaxial out of the X3 to in coaxial in of the receiver, works perfect.

FW 3.24B.

Edit:
Do you have another component to test on. Like a dif. receiver?

Dec 30, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #4 of 4
After thinking about this some, both albums are higher resolution (192 for the Dead, 176 for Johnny Winter).  I am wondering if it may be a limitation of the receiver in the office (Onkyo TX-NR609).  I have a newer Denon in the living room and will give that a try over the next day or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back