Odd DVD problem...
Jul 22, 2006 at 12:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

taylor

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey, I was hoping that you guys could help me with this.

I have a Panasonic 32" CRT HDTV. I have a component video cable between it and my Sony DVD/SACD player, which I purchased from Sovkiller about a year ago.

The picture is very narrow and flickering, and it moves around the screen.

I have three different sources connected to this - My PC, my XBOX, and my DVDP, all via component. They are all using Parts Express component video cables which I just purchased less than a week ago, except for the Xbox, which is using a Mad Catz XBOX>Component cable.

The TV only has one input, so I use an A/V reciever to switch between them.

The Xbox looks fine on the TV, going Xbox>mad catz cable>reciever>PE cable 1>TV. It also looks fine going xbox>mad catz>tv.

The DVDP doesn't seemt to work with component, not with the DVDP menu, not with a DVD playing. The picture is much narrower, only a third of the screen, and there are three of them. The video flickers very badly and the colors are distorted. I tried this both through the reciever and direct to the TV with both cables to no avail.

However, connected via S-Video or Composite, the DVDP looks fine.

My PC has two TV-outs, one on the Geforce video card, and one on the Nforce integrated graphics. While using the third and longest component cable between the PC and the reciever, the picture and location looks fine, but it is all blue.

If anybody has some ideas, please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back